Firm closing

finlo

7 hours ago, Nellie said:

I've been an IOM Bank customer since 1975. Before Xmas, with the rising interest rates, I made an appointment to open a 'new' interest-bearing account into which I planned to transfer some money which was already in an account with them.

As we started to complete the paperwork, the guy mentioned that, because they were so far behind, it would take six to eight weeks to actually open the account and get the money earning interest. He seemed to think this was OK. To  be honest, I lost it a bit, and told him 'This sort of thing is why the IOMB has become a complete laughing stock around the Island.' There was no response.

We walked down the street to another bank, where we also had an account, opened the account and moved the money from IOMB in three days. 

It is really sad to see how a once excellent Manx institution has been dragged into the gutter, and destroyed its own reputation,  by a bunch of spivs and shysters from Scotland and Jersey. 

IOMB has gone to pot since Eddie Teare left...

• Haha 4

On 1/9/2023 at 6:35 PM, Dirty Buggane said:

He was a exceptionally bad CM, I would of said if not for the former and current CM. It would seem to be mote the norm. What have we done to have three, no sorry four incompetent twats in a row  

Alan Bell being CM helped to rescue the image of government on the IOM.

So I would say that he achieved more than most of CMs since the role was created.

Edited by genericUserName

24 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

except that doesn't really happen...

.....he's The Voice of Reason mate, knows all that goes on in Ramsey and the rest of the world. Must be you that's wrong 😉

That said Mr Bell used to go to my gym and he's a very creepy guy in the changing room areas. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

except that doesn't really happen...

OK exaggeration to prove a point. They do/did clog up the place so as to make it unwelcoming and intimidating for the normal customer. I was certainly put off going in their for a drink because of the proliferation of them.

They seem to find a place that will tolerate them and spend hours in there purchasing as little as they can get away with, creating an unpleasant atmosphere.

Its like those films where a couple arrive at the diner in mid America and all those in there turn around and make them feel most uncomfortable.

No doubt these people will find,or select, another venue in Ramsey which they can bankrupt with their selfish behaviour

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Alan Bell being CM helped to rescue the image of government on the IOM.

So I would say that he achieved more than most of CMs since the role was created.

The fact that you could send him to an international meeting of leaders and not die of embarrassment must count for something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, woolley said:

The fact that you could send him to an international meeting of leaders and not die of embarrassment must count for something.

Why on earth would you die of embarrassment?

Bloody hell, the Americans sent Donald Trump to meetings of leaders. Surely that counts as being more embarrassing?

Edited by The Voice of Reason