Firm closing

finlo

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You are absolutely right. I misread it. Coloured perhaps that the assumption, from experience, is that everything on here  is going to be negative, 

Please accept my apologies. 

And those negative comments don't come about without good reason!

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK exaggeration to prove a point. They do/did clog up the place so as to make it unwelcoming and intimidating for the normal customer. I was certainly put off going in their for a drink because of the proliferation of them.

They seem to find a place that will tolerate them and spend hours in there purchasing as little as they can get away with, creating an unpleasant atmosphere.

Its like those films where a couple arrive at the diner in mid America and all those in there turn around and make them feel most uncomfortable.

No doubt these people will find,or select, another venue in Ramsey which they can bankrupt with their selfish behaviour

Not even an exaggeration, more a crock of shit son. Wise up and stop looking for problems that aren’t there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Not even an exaggeration, more a crock of shit son. Wise up and stop looking for problems that aren’t there

To be fair it always seemed full of cyclists at the weekend, couldn’t comment on what they ordered though as only been in there once. Shame it’s shut down though, I do wonder if taking on the place in the park placed a stress on the finances of the company. Seemed an ideal place for them but could never get it running right, maybe they had to carry on paying rent for that even when it was shut? 

16 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Having lycra louts occupying the place sharing one Diet Coke between eight of them won’t have helped. Plus the cost of cleaning the windows after they have used them to rest their grubby bikes against.

I don't know if cyc;lsts frequented the place but they are a very different breed to say motorcyclists. The taxi drivers aren't impressed when there have been events over here. They say they don't spend much and  even bring their own sandwiches (an exaggeration obviously).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Just like everywhere else it’s lost the personal touch, they don’t even seem to be remotely interested in retaining customers.

Agree, and unless you already have a bank account in the UK, opening a new bank account in the UK could be fairly arduous process (fairly similar to opening one here). What narks me is the double standards that they apply to different types of customers. I.e., for an ordinary person, the list of loops and hoops you need to jump through (KYC, anti-ML, etc., etc.) is getting longer and more tedious all the time. But if you are a Saudi Prince or an oligarch (with a potentially dubious sources of wealth) then the obsequious British financial/ political/ judicial establishment, aka ‘the Butler to the world’, will accommodate your every need in a very efficient and timely way. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, code99 said:

Agree, and unless you already have a bank account in the UK, opening a new bank account in the UK could be fairly arduous process (fairly similar to opening one here). What narks me is the double standards that they apply to different types of customers. I.e., for an ordinary person, the list of loops and hoops you need to jump through (KYC, anti-ML, etc., etc.) is getting longer and more tedious all the time. But if you are a Saudi Prince or an oligarch (with a potentially dubious sources of wealth) then the obsequious British financial/ political/ judicial establishment, aka ‘the Butler to the world’, will accommodate your every need in a very efficient and timely way. 

That’s not actually true.
If you are a Saudi  Prince,or an oligarch with a potentially dubious source of wealth it would be nigh on impossible for you to open a bank account here or in the UK or have a corporate services, trust provider take you on as a client.

As a PEP you would be subject to much more stringent KYC, AML procedures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If you are a Saudi  Prince,or an oligarch with a potentially dubious source of wealth it would be nigh on impossible for you to open a bank account here or in the UK or have a corporate services, trust provider take you on as a client.

And/or the Banks will charge a massive fee for the account if you're a PEP.

A good friend of mine's father used to be a fairly well known MP in the UK.  He hates dealing with any financial institution because he always gets pinged as being a PEP because of his Dad and then it just turns into a nightmare because of their enhanced due dilgence. 

For a while he was just using an account in his wife's name and she didn't change her maiden name for this very reason. 

Edited by The Phantom

51 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Isn't the money well rinsed before it gets here ? No one rocks up with a suitcase full of used notes any more and no bank or financial institution is going to turn away a big investor/depositor.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Isn't the money well rinsed before it gets here ? No one rocks up with a suitcase full of used notes any more and no bank or financial institution is going to turn away a big investor/depositor.

They turn them away all the time if they’re even the slightest suspicion the funds maybe tainted, wouldn’t be surprised if those caught up in PPE scandals would struggle to open new accounts 

• Like 1