Firm closing

finlo

14 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

He was never there so the "costs" related to staff and lack of discipline in ordering (continually buying things from Co-op rather than a wholesaler as running out of stuff). 

tescos is cheaper than many local wholesalers , you often see persons from know eateries in there with a trolley full of stuff that is obviously for their business.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WTF said:

tescos is cheaper than many local wholesalers , you often see persons from know eateries in there with a trolley full of stuff that is obviously for their business.

That's as may be, but don't think that will extend a high street co-op.

Certain things are, others aren't. 

Regardless it doesn't make sense to have a staff member dashing across regularly to the Co-op to buy one or two things at a time. It's bad management, at best. 

48 minutes ago, Banker said:

From who?? Or just making it up?

Gas prices are now lowest for 12 months so why do you forecast such high prices?

A gentleman in a tavern. The sums made sense. All depends if Comin go for another intervention. 

Gas prices are the lowest for 12 months. But the gas futures market remains high and that's what sets the prices. 

Martin Lewis is forecasting a 20% rise in gas prices in the UK despite the fall in prices. 

ETA: here's the video where he explains it. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMY1xPV9S/

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

A gentleman in a tavern. The sums made sense. All depends if Comin go for another intervention. 

Gas prices are the lowest for 12 months. But the gas futures market remains high and that's what sets the prices. 

Martin Lewis is forecasting a 20% rise in gas prices in the UK despite the fall in prices. 

ETA: here's the video where he explains it. 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMY1xPV9S/

But you’re forecasting a 118% increase from 22p which seems bollocks to me & typically pub bull!!

also gas futures for 3m are lower than 12 months ago as well 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

But you’re forecasting a 118% increase from 22p which seems bollocks to me & typically pub bull!!

It's already more than that in a lot of the UK what makes you think we will be any different?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

I really hope you are right. 

I can't see any scenario where we won't see a price increase on MUA tariffs this spring. 

True is was a man in a pub, but the figures made sense. 

Guess we'll have to see.

18 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I really hope you are right. 

I can't see any scenario where we won't see a price increase on MUA tariffs this spring. 

True is was a man in a pub, but the figures made sense. 

Guess we'll have to see.

Wasn't the £26m a loan to MUA so they don't have to increase the tariff over winter?  Presumably, that will have to be paid back and there is only one way to do that and it is not connected to gas prices. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Wasn't the £26m a loan to MUA so they don't have to increase the tariff over winter?  Presumably, that will have to be paid back and there is only one way to do that and it is not connected to gas prices. 

Quite, double whammy I think is the term!

• Like 4