Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

"A state of flux" for Ramsey in light of business closures...

Screenshot_20230125-140603_Chrome.jpg

Ramsey could be a vibrant town if the following 3 things happened.

• 1. The government department - DFE - Moved half their staff to the North/ Ramsey area - And other Gov departments move that way too for some of their offices. That would be a good "Seeder" start and long term make a big difference.
  • 2. RTC/ planning forgot about preserving the income of a few "key" owners of industrial buildings and preserving their high rental returns (like most of the industrial units on the island - too much to make business start ups viable) and let Dandara build a whole new industrial estate as part of their plan for a big housing estate near Glen Auldyn
  • 3. Stop anyone who says , "its an old building that needs preservation" - preferably from breathing but in light of the long prison time for that just stop them retards from having a say.

The island is and has always been strangled by indirect corruption - Not brown envelopes - just people who have land/ buildings and don't want any more of the same type built new to dilute their income.

That is all.

Ramsey could be the best place on he island by far if the above were implemented, it really could.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

• 1. The government department - DFE - Moved half their staff to the North/ Ramsey area - And other Gov departments move that way too for some of their offices. That would be a good "Seeder" start and long term make a big difference.
  • 2. RTC/ planning forgot about preserving the income of a few "key" owners of industrial buildings and preserving their high rental returns (like most of the industrial units on the island - too much to make business start ups viable) and let Dandara build a whole new industrial estate as part of their plan for a big housing estate near Glen Auldyn
  • 3. Stop anyone who says , "its an old building that needs preservation" - preferably from breathing but in light of the long prison time for that just stop them retards from having a say.

The island is and has always been strangled by indirect corruption - Not brown envelopes - just people who have land/ buildings and don't want any more of the same type built new to dilute their income.

That is all.

Ramsey could be the best place on he island by far if the above were implemented, it really could.

Who are you trying to persuade …

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

That is all.

Ramsey is pretty good as it is. However there is merit in your suggestions ( particularly No 1,not just necessarily DFE)

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Ramsey is pretty good as it is. However there is merit in your suggestions ( particularly No 1,not just necessarily DFE)

Must be a different Ramsey than I know . although the golf course is very nice in summer 😀

Edited by Banker

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Shows how much you know... All that's missing in Ramsey is that Clint Eastwoodesque music and some tumbleweeds down Parliament Street

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This is the problem on the island and why good peeps have, are, and will, move off the island.

Self-praise is no recommendation, Blade. Of course I am aware of people who've moved away too. Lots of 'em over the years. I understand the reasons, especially for young families and mobility is the way of the world nowadays. I know people who have arrived too, and love it here. I also know 3 families who moved away and within a year moved back. Grass wasn't greener after all.

There have always been folks on MF who left the Island but somehow can't quite let go and delight in telling us how great it is elsewhere and how crap it is here. That seems odd to me, and I tend to pity them. Why would they bother to do that unless there was something lacking with the new arrangements? Island ain't perfect. Who knew? But you wouldn't catch me moving to the UK by choice.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Self-praise is no recommendation, Blade. Of course I am aware of people who've moved away too. Lots of 'em over the years. I understand the reasons, especially for young families and mobility is the way of the world nowadays. I know people who have arrived too, and love it here. I also know 3 families who moved away and within a year moved back. Grass wasn't greener after all.

There have always been folks on MF who left the Island but somehow can't quite let go and delight in telling us how great it is elsewhere and how crap it is here. That seems odd to me, and I tend to pity them. Why would they bother to do that unless there was something lacking with the new arrangements? Island ain't perfect. Who knew? But you wouldn't catch me moving to the UK by choice.

Have to agree with your sentiments Woolster, I could sell my house here and buy one in the UK as a cash sale and still have money left. That being said, for all it’s problems, the Island still has the edge 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Shows how much you know... All that's missing in Ramsey is that Clint Eastwoodesque music and some tumbleweeds down Parliament Street

I used to be equally dismissive of, and ignorant about, Ramsey until I came to live here.

Certainly beats dirty Douglas into a cocked hat!

Wild horses couldn’t drag me back to live there🙂

• Like 2