Firm closing

finlo

I see we've not had a business confidence survey since January 2020... wonder why? Was meant to be twice a year guess the Cabinet Office just forgot? Or maybe it'd just be too bleak for the ever opty-mystic Hoopers Enterprise crew.

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Department for Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new words. To seek out new bureaucracy and new civil servants. To boldly go where no Mann has gone before!

Meanwhile on the planet Manx Care  "Godammit Laurie, I'm a bricklayer not a doctor" recruitment and retention remain an ongoing issue.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, woolley said:

Is it an animal rights conscience issue or a health thing with you, or just that baked beans are cheap?

Baked beans are as cheap as they were a year ago.

Even if you are a pescatarian a bag of frozen calamari in the coop has just gone up from £3.75 to £4.25 in the blink of an eye. Ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Probably not many. But fortunately for me I am not on the breadline (yet). Just using it as an example. Food Staples have risen equally steeply.

Well if frozen squid going up 75p is a shock to you you’d better not look at the price of champagne and caviar. Oddly none of which is included in the basic inflation formula. 

34 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well if frozen squid going up 75p is a shock to you you’d better not look at the price of champagne and caviar. Oddly none of which is included in the basic inflation formula. 

Do you mean frozen squid going up 50p?

At £3.75 a bag you would get 4 portions out of that for a starter even when you add in mayonnaise and a  pinch of paprika ( less than £1 a portion as your mathematics brain doesn’t seem that bright)

Caviar ( not the Beluga top stuff admittedly but nice )can be bought for £ 4.00 or so a jar in Tesco. Spread in on rosemary biscuits ( about £1 a pack also from Tesco’s) goes a long way.

Champagne not really my bag

But even when Tesco’s have their 25% off promotions for buying six bottles of wine the price of their  entry level champagne is not dissimilar to that of a decent red or white.

I think you’re an inverted snob😁