Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Depressingly this is how my wife finally noticed the cost of living crisis.

I usually do all the food shopping.  She evidently never pays attention to any of the receipts or anything. 

A couple of months ago she had to go and buy some Champagne.  It was only then she noticed how much it had gone up in price (as well as everything else). 

That's privilege for you! 

I have a new method of controlling Mrs NoTailT at Tesco. Rather than sending her with the card, I buy Tesco gift cards online and tell her to use them instead. Caps the budget and it’s down to her to keep to it. Which after she’s bought ten bottles of wine I usually end up having to buy stuff midweek, it’s relatively flawed plan but it makes me feel like it’s sort of working.

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Depressingly this is how my wife finally noticed the cost of living crisis.

I usually do all the food shopping.  She evidently never pays attention to any of the receipts or anything. 

A couple of months ago she had to go and buy some Champagne.  It was only then she noticed how much it had gone up in price (as well as everything else). 

That's privilege for you! 

I have always bought sparkling wine for her and she has never noticed to be honest.....

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I have a new method of controlling Mrs NoTailT at Tesco. Rather than sending her with the card, I buy Tesco gift cards online and tell her to use them instead. Caps the budget and it’s down to her to keep to it. Which after she’s bought ten bottles of wine I usually end up having to buy stuff midweek, it’s relatively flawed plan but it makes me feel like it’s sort of working.

You must feel really powerful doing that too?

Have you got a really small Car?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

You must feel really powerful doing that too?

Have you got a really small Car?

My car is bigger than my penis. That much is for sure.

It’s not about power, it’s about controlling spend. Outgoing vs incoming. We aren’t all as lucky as you clearly are.

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Clearly a beer amateur.

They will be 440ml, or 500, unlikely to be the full 568ml pint ones

Correct, my error. Still an unforgiveable rip off.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

This thread is turning into the 80s way of treating your women folk it seems.

Well each gender has its strength and weaknesses. ‘‘Twas always thus.”

Thats why by and large we get along together.

( The obligatory apology  to anyone in a same sex couple relationship- no offence intended)

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

If you want a real piss-take (literally);

4 x 330ml cans of Carling lager in Shoprite, £5.50 currently. Less than a year ago, £3.65.

£4.05 at Tesco is their normal price. And less on Promotion.

Shoprite take the p*ss with their heavily signed supposedly Tesco Price Matches . It is only on certain  items and even then at the same time customers read that and get misled many, many of those items are on very good promotions at Tesco. They do say 'Normal Tesco prices' but that is for legal reasons presumably. 

And never do I see promotions like that on those goods at Shoprite

Edited by Cassie2
  • Like 2