Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, genericUserName said:

I was very impressed with Portofino. Which surprised me.

Just shows doesn’t it.  I have never thought it even came close to justifying the price.  There are probably ten places in Douglas I would for to in preference which are all better food and better value in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’m afraid if you can’t appreciate the fare on offer at Harbour View Bistro then you have no taste.

I am struggling to think of anywhere else that comes near ( that said we rarely venture down south so I’ll concede there may be somewhere there that I don’t know about.

There are a  few decent restaurants in Douglas but even they don’t come up to the standard of HVB

If you read my posts you will see that I acknowledged that I haven't tried it. Both you and @Asthehillshave recommended it. I trust your recommendation and I can't wait to try it. 

50 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Just shows doesn’t it.  I have never thought it even came close to justifying the price.  There are probably ten places in Douglas I would for to in preference which are all better food and better value in my opinion.

Me too. I think it's the worst place i have ever had the misfortune to visit.

It's a good job we are all different as imagine how horrific it would be if we all went to the same place. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Portofino is ok but it’s premium priced for what it is even compared to a ridiculous premium priced place like 14North. 

On 2/3/2023 at 6:58 PM, Non-Believer said:

Ramsey's problems do not arise from its businesses, eateries or otherwise. Ramsey's problems arise from its appearance. Shabby; unkempt; run down and decaying, broken concrete, all in both public and private infrastructure and green matters. Too many decaying, weed-infested, long-term demolition sites.

Some of the roads, pavements and their markings in the town are a disgrace, Parliament Square (part of the TT course, amazingly) resembles a road junction in a third world country. I've seen riders last year almost lose control on the road defects on the corner by the Swan. These things are the first thing that unconsciously catch the eye. DOI need to realise that life also exists north of a line drawn between Peel and Laxey.

Things need painting and smartening up, both Commissioners and private properties, wash some walls too. Make it look like people care and have some pride, RTC should be taking the lead and kicking some arse too, where applicable.

While they're at it, the Commissioners need to be told that there's more to the Town areas than the Mooragh Park and the Courthouse grounds. Coronation Park looks like a fucking jungle with 8ft briars spreading out of uncut shrubs and bushes it's a wonder a kid hasn't had an eye out.

Get some hedges cut and weeds sprayed or pulled, this "wild look" is just an excuse not to be bothered. And teach the Commissioners workforce how to leave an area looking respectable after they've finished, that would help.

Ratepayer rant over.

Become a commissioner.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:58 PM, Non-Believer said:

Ramsey's problems do not arise from its businesses, eateries or otherwise. Ramsey's problems arise from its appearance. Shabby; unkempt; run down and decaying, broken concrete, all in both public and private infrastructure and green matters. Too many decaying, weed-infested, long-term demolition sites.

Some of the roads, pavements and their markings in the town are a disgrace, Parliament Square (part of the TT course, amazingly) resembles a road junction in a third world country. I've seen riders last year almost lose control on the road defects on the corner by the Swan. These things are the first thing that unconsciously catch the eye. DOI need to realise that life also exists north of a line drawn between Peel and Laxey.

Things need painting and smartening up, both Commissioners and private properties, wash some walls too. Make it look like people care and have some pride, RTC should be taking the lead and kicking some arse too, where applicable.

While they're at it, the Commissioners need to be told that there's more to the Town areas than the Mooragh Park and the Courthouse grounds. Coronation Park looks like a fucking jungle with 8ft briars spreading out of uncut shrubs and bushes it's a wonder a kid hasn't had an eye out.

Get some hedges cut and weeds sprayed or pulled, this "wild look" is just an excuse not to be bothered. And teach the Commissioners workforce how to leave an area looking respectable after they've finished, that would help.

Ratepayer rant over.

Sorry as a Ramsey resident I don’t recognise your description of Ramsey ( “Parliament Square resembling a road junction in a third world country” is just nonsense).

Yes things can always be improved but compared with say Douglas it’s a lot better.

Without wanting to be all Facebooky about this have you addressed your concerns to Ramsey Commisioners? Experience suggests they do listen rather than stubbornly deny there is a problem ( a la DBC and the waste collection issue)