Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I'm surprised he was surprised but impressed that you were impressed that he was surprised. I am surprised that he was impressed. But that's not surprising, he must be easily impressed.

If you get my meaning.

You give me the impression you're surprisingly surprised to be surprised and impressed that such impression has impressed you.

Though I'm not convinced that chap was as surprised at being impressed as he's trying to impress upon us.

I may just be casting him in a bad light.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry as a Ramsey resident I don’t recognise your description of Ramsey ( “Parliament Square resembling a road junction in a third world country” is just nonsense).

Yes things can always be improved but compared with say Douglas it’s a lot better.

Without wanting to be all Facebooky about this have you addressed your concerns to Ramsey Commisioners? Experience suggests they do listen rather than stubbornly deny there is a problem ( a la DBC and the waste collection issue)

You are clearly as blind to Ramsey's appearance as you are to Ashford's failings. Or maybe just accepting of the same standards.

In my lifetime I have never seen "old" Ramsey looking as run down as it is presently, the quays are a trail of derelict demolition sites, huge gaps in Parliament St building lines with no sign of replacements, planning battles notwithstanding. The outlying areas are seeing constant expansion and development, the "old town" is a sorry sight. I have made no comparison with Douglas.

DOI have neglected their responsibilities in the Northern areas for as long as anyone can remember, even Allan Bell made reference to this as a Ramsey MHK when he was CM. The road surface in Parliament Sq is a disgrace, there was a measure of panic patching just to make it acceptable for last year's races to include filling in holes around ironwork, that is now in need of attention again. Were that section anywhere else around the TT course it would have been dealt with long ago. 

I am acquainted with a number of Commissioners...one even made reference to "problems with their own staff" to me. Make of that what you will.

• Like 4

On 2/3/2023 at 12:31 PM, Asthehills said:

When were you last in Ramsey, and when did you last visit the range of independent shops?

What do you think of the new Mural on the florist?

as a Ramsey resident, I love that mural. 

It's worth talking about good things, as well as all the shit

• Like 3

Just now, Capt_Mainwaring said:

The portions are large. Don't need a starter each, plenty enough to share. And usually we are too full for dessert. 29.50 for a huge fillet steak I don't think is over priced either. And the prices haven't gone up in a long time either.

Not the tapas 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes they do small dishes (tapas) although clearly there’s a market for bigger small dishes for people who don’t understand what tapas is. 

We go frequently. Never seen it referred to as tapas on the menu, we and those we go with always do starters and mains? Also with tapas you tend to order continually and the food comes out as and when it's ready. Not seen that done at Wine Down before.

7 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

We go frequently. Never seen it referred to as tapas on the menu, we and those we go with always do starters and mains? Also with tapas you tend to order continually and the food comes out as and when it's ready. Not seen that done at Wine Down before.

Most people I know tend to order a few dishes to share but they also say it’s expensive fir what you get eg £11 for a few fish fingers,£10 for spring rolls,£8 for cauliflower florets etc