Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Most people I know tend to order a few dishes to share but they also say it’s expensive fir what you get eg £11 for a few fish fingers,£10 for spring rolls,£8 for cauliflower florets etc

It's just a touch on the expensive side for me, I agree. It's not a total rip off though and the food is pretty good. Its not one of our favourites though. Too noisy and squished. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

are people mixing up winedown with tacoma ???

Both overpriced and a bit rubbish in my opinion.

I reallly can’t understand the love for Tacoma.  The time we went it was nearly £150 for two of us and I left hungry.  Other people seem to love it though, which confuses me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Meating Steakhouse in Athol Street selling up...

Good.  Awful value for money and pretty ropey service when we have been.

Seemed to think they were like salt bae or whatever his name is with their pretentious meals which only got even more stupidly expensive after the moved.

Bring back the ranch on Broadway I say

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 3:23 PM, Banker said:

Most people I know tend to order a few dishes to share but they also say it’s expensive fir what you get eg £11 for a few fish fingers,£10 for spring rolls,£8 for cauliflower florets etc

(Wine Down)

Yup, I was there (for the first time actually) a couple of months ago and I'll probably go back again next time I've got some clients over. 

I ended up with two small plates for my main.  I'm assuming this was on purpose, as unlike my wife, I don't order two starters at a restaurant.  

My two plates were good though and work was paying so I don't pay too much attention to price 😁

Edited by The Phantom