Firm closing

finlo

6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Agents have been offering the bar and restaurant area as available to become office space for some time now. I imagine that it the final destiny for this venue now.

It would make a cracking office if they left the bar in the middle, and just set desks up where the tables are now

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Agents have been offering the bar and restaurant area as available to become office space for some time now. I imagine that it the final destiny for this venue now.

No demand for office space in town apparently, wheatsheaf pub which is offices is applying to become residential flats 

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

No demand for office space in town apparently, wheatsheaf pub which is offices is applying to become residential flats 

I think that's typical planning application bullshit.

The market seems quite buoyant right now.

Agree with @Asthehillsand it'd have made a better location for a Santander Work Cafe than the markethall!

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Another blow to the diminishing offering of Douglas, I believe they tried hard but it seems we are too miserable to go out these days and pay the prices!

Not true at all.

1886, Jaks, Barberry Coast, The Front Porch, Mrs Yangs etc etc are all busy.

The courthouse and Meating just weren’t good enough

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Not true at all.

1886, Jaks, Barberry Coast, The Front Porch, Mrs Yangs etc etc are all busy.

The courthouse and Meating just weren’t good enough

Went to Meating at courthouse twice, steaks not cooked as requested, zero knowledge of the bar staff on drinks and below average service 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Another blow to the diminishing offering of Douglas, I believe they tried hard but it seems we are too miserable to go out these days and pay the prices!

It’s not so much pay the prices. Quality always prevails, and also good customer service. Value for money helps. 

I don’t think there is much disposable income about. People are miserable, but if you are being squeezed, increased rents, mortgages, rates, car tax etc etc etc, then normal and financially prudent people will prioritise what to spend their money on. IOMG should be prioritising carefully, not spending willy nilly on nice to have vanity projects, 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s not so much pay the prices. Quality always prevails, and also good customer service. Value for money helps. 

I don’t think there is much disposable income about. People are miserable, but if you are being squeezed, increased rents, mortgages, rates, car tax etc etc etc, then normal and financially prudent people will prioritise what to spend their money on. IOMG should be prioritising carefully, not spending willy nilly on nice to have vanity projects, 

The least used words in government today