Firm closing

finlo

4 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

So if Meating is going back to its original place does that mean the Turkish place is closing? Heard good things but not ventured down yet

Apparently not. The turkish will remain open but there'll be a separate steak menu

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Too expensive, few customers.

That sounds like many establishments, some sadly are wrapped up in their own hype. Personally I just want somewhere where the food is fresh, good service and value. In all honesty, a Wetherspoons would tick those boxes, whilst the food isn’t Michelin starred or Cordon Bleu, it’s freshly cooked, good value and good customer service. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talking of Wetherspoons I arranged to meet a couple of younger friends in one of their pubs in Liverpool. Told them I would be getting there 20 mins after them.
Arrived in the pub saw them at the table without a beer.

They told me they had ordered their drinks on arrival via the Wetherspoons app.

Went to the bar, got myself a pint and sat down. Their drinks arrived 5 mins later, approx 20 mins after being ordered on the app.

Whats that all about?

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

So if Meating is going back to its original place does that mean the Turkish place is closing? Heard good things but not ventured down yet

I think that Capadoccia (on Broadway) and Meating are more or less the same people. Just over extended themselves, so probably will go back to doing the same thing under the new name.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Energy FM running a competition to win a lunch meal for two at the Courthouse on air. Didn't hear the specifics of the comp, just the prize and the opening hours.

Maybe someone should tell them..

Maybe they mean the actual Courthouse.  They bang you in the cells and send you down for six months in the afternoon for listening to Energy FM.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Maybe they mean the actual Courthouse.  They bang you in the cells and send you down for six months in the afternoon for listening to Energy FM.

Perfectly plausible given it's hard to tell whether the advocates are there these days for charges against their clients or themselves!

• Haha 2

On 2/7/2023 at 9:23 PM, Asthehills said:

C30D03FF-8434-4533-A904-B05C44CC29CA.jpeg

Was in there earlier.

Guy that set up and owns The Woodbourne Kitchen brand has set this up with his partner, it being the partner's idea. 

They've stocked up after selling out of a lot of stuff in their first few days.

Could be an interesting regular visit if they continually bring in new stock. 

Edited by jackwhite

37 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Was in there earlier.

Guy that set up and owns The Woodbourne Kitchen brand has set this up with his partner, it being the partner's idea. 

They've stocked up after selling out of a lot of stuff in their first few days.

Could be an interesting regular visit if they continually bring in new stock. 

What sort of food are they stocking?