Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Ahhh. Remember the days when PE shoprite had its big revamp. Proper deli counter. Great hams and cheeses galore. Needless to say it lasted barely 6 months as the locals prefer shit food than tasty food. 

For illustrative purposes only.

6F05137C-0113-4C77-8D1D-4716650702F1.jpeg

378F12A0-4136-4F3E-86A6-3E72D1833D12.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I understand that Pascoes is shutting down. Not too surprised. Alan Pascoe was quite a character. I remember him well. 

41 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

No way!!!!!

Where do you hear that?

Alan was only an employee. Brenda owned it.

8 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Been there once or twice - most expensive place on the island for white goods I found.

Won't be missed.

Family member bought a brand new machine delivered and isntalled by them and within days it was making a noise like jet engine full of rocks. Could hear it all through the house. This was when a member of the household was very seriously ill, needed a lot of care, very stressful all round. Once they had the money there was zero interest in getting an engineer out and when they did it was under threat of a charge if it wasnt faulty.

Eventually, after they replaced the motor, which didn't fix it, they got a proper engineer out to discover there was actually a bolt missing. 

Good riddance. 

8 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Been there once or twice - most expensive place on the island for white goods I found.

I’ve bought several things from them over the years - price has always seemed reasonable, and they turn up when they say they will. It’ll have to be Curry’s then, when you seem to get served, if you’re lucky, by a disinterested 12 year old with no knowledge of the products, or their stock. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’ve bought several things from them over the years - price has always seemed reasonable, and they turn up when they say they will. It’ll have to be Curry’s then, when you seem to get served, if you’re lucky, by a disinterested 12 year old with no knowledge of the products, or their stock. 

Or Colebourns?

They have white goods showroom upstairs. Very efficient and friendly too.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It’ll have to be Curry’s then, when you seem to get served, if you’re lucky, by a disinterested 12 year old with no knowledge of the products, or their stock. 

Exactly the service model of Curry’s. And best not go there on a Sunday looking to ask questions as half the staff have been on the piss to about 4AM on a Saturday night and are too half asleep to assist you.