Firm closing

finlo

9 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Or Colebourns?

They have white goods showroom upstairs. Very efficient and friendly too.

I’ve always thought of them as a TV shop, same as Waltons. Always got washer/dryer/dishwasher/freezer etc from Pascoes. Next time I need a ‘white good’ I’ll go there. 

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Surprised no one mentioned Waltons for white goods.

quite correct,  i bought a fridge from them last year and they have washers and dryers in their 'show room' ( no windows to see in through though ) , they are now almost opposite the entrance to robinsons up by jacksons and eden park , the ball ache is you have to access them by going all the way round through the industrial estate section and signage isn't the greatest.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Anyone who uses Curry’s is a moron. Fact. 

The quicker that arse of a bog hole of a rip off warranty sales shop pretending to be an electrical sales shop closes, the better.   Sheeple go there because they think it’s the best. Just like coffee twats who suddenly only drink coffee as soon as a CostafewBucks opens in a town.

36 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Surprised no one mentioned Waltons for white goods.

Bought a few ‘new’ things from them.   Oddly the batteries are in the remotes or cables don’t have that little twisty black thing on them.  Instructions are not in bags and all get returned because they either never worked from plug in of fail days later.  

I suspect the same for white goods.   

No thanks.

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I’ve always thought of them as a TV shop, same as Waltons. Always got washer/dryer/dishwasher/freezer etc from Pascoes. Next time I need a ‘white good’ I’ll go there. 

Colebourns are excellent, we’ve had dishwashers, freezer & washing machine from them in past 2 years. Prompt service, good price & take away the old machines for a reasonable cost 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Not necessarily. You need to know exactly what you want, they have to have it there to take away right now, and in that case you can do quite well. 

They price match Amazon - I bought something once with the Amazon offering up on my phone and they matched. Also, their “last years TVs” are sometimes good value. Bought mine in a January for about half of what the latest (virtually identical) model cost. I also got a good deal on a Shark vacuum cleaner with an extra battery. They didn’t have them on display in the shop at the price I wanted to pay, but their website said they did, so I ordered online for local pick up, walked in and got it for £150 less than marked. 

And never buy the additional warranty. That should go without saying. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Perhaps Colebournes and Marown should get together and open up a Supa Storz on Cooil rd?. They're both Eurionics supply catalogue, why not combine as an alternative to Curries???

I don’t think either view Curry’s as competition. Colebourns can normally match Curry’s prices and you can speak to someone who hasn’t got the IQ is a digestive biscuit about the product features. The biggest queue in Curry’s is always the people wanting to return stuff as it’s shit. 

2 hours ago, Gizo said:

Curry’s serves a purpose, it’s not the best, but if you know what you want, looking for or want to compare, then at least you can see products con display to compare and contrast. You don’t have to buy. Curry’s pricing can be a benchmark, if you want to buy local. 

Edited by 2112

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Most people do. Got my last fridge/freezer from there though, great little place still. White goods are upstairs.

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

Bought a few ‘new’ things from them.   Oddly the batteries are in the remotes or cables don’t have that little twisty black thing on them.  Instructions are not in bags and all get returned because they either never worked from plug in of fail days later.  

I suspect the same for white goods.   

No thanks.

Not many white goods need batteries...

Manx Radio are doing a spot on hospitality at 12. Don't normally listen to them but will in this instance as interested to hear what government have to say about their dire support of this particular industry.

ETA - Plus all small businesses to be fair

Edited by Passing Time