Firm closing

finlo

8 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Waltons carry far more stock than Curry’s.

We selected and paid for a TV in the showroom after some really helpful advice and being able to compare the pros and cons of different models in the Autumn. Drove up to behind B&Q where their warehouse was and the guys already had it ready for us.

There must have been at least twenty of just that one model in there.

I wouldn’t spend money in Curry’s under any circumstances.

I found Waltons good too. And bought a TV from them. It was in stock.

Also bought one from Currys for a different wall. Also in stock.

Both experiences were fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

That would have been money up the spout.

Kettle with a 2 year warranty was 20 odd quid .. gave me a "fantastic" offer to add another 2 years  for an extra £25 .( was a few quid more than the one I bought) 

I tried to explain to them that it didn't make sense, I could buy a new one with another 2 year warranty for cheaper ..

I suppose the argument could be that the same kettle will cost £40 ++ in 2 years due to inflation..But from what I've seen with currys extended warranty ( and most extended warranties from other companies ) is that its very difficult  to claim ..They often have some clause which ensures that you won't be able to claim .

9 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Kettle with a 2 year warranty was 20 odd quid .. gave me a "fantastic" offer to add another 2 years  for an extra £25 .( was a few quid more than the one I bought) 

I tried to explain to them that it didn't make sense, I could buy a new one with another 2 year warranty for cheaper ..

I suppose the argument could be that the same kettle will cost £40 ++ in 2 years due to inflation..But from what I've seen with currys extended warranty ( and most extended warranties from other companies ) is that its very difficult  to claim ..They often have some clause which ensures that you won't be able to claim .

Exactly, it would just land you in hot water 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Shame I missed it. I honestly can’t see what government can do for the hospitality sector though. We can’t keep bailing businesses out. If a business can’t make money we can’t just keep in writing cheques. These businesses did very well out of covid support. That can’t go on indefinitely. 

Nobody is asking to be bailed out. Nobody has ever said that

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Nobody is asking to be bailed out. Nobody has ever said that

We had to bail them out then and that was right. What I’m saying is we don’t have to bail them out now and neither should we. We’re in a recession. We can’t just keep bailing people out because the worlds turned to shit.

Edited by offshoremanxman

2 hours ago, mad_manx said:

This type of insurance pays big commission to the retailer (think 40-50%) and so staff probably have incentives if they manage to flog it. Total waste of money

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NoTail said:

While we are on domestic appliances.  Can anyone here recommend a good toaster. Ours is rubbish. 

I don’t really have any idea what a “god” toaster would be?  We just use the grill.

Given the price I would hope this is decent 🤷‍♂️

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/wolf-4-slice-toaster-16007749