Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't particularly have a solution, I do not write tax policy and am not an employer in the hospitality sector.

I am simply trying to get across for those people like yourself who deny there is a problem that there is a problem.

Take your head from your cosseted ass.

I never denied it was a problem. I merely said it was difficult to find a solution.

Seems you are the one with your head up your ass and not me:whistling:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

“Jonnie” Moss the worlds most insincere man interviewing the owner of Pascoes on the radio this morning and doing his usual trick of not listening to anything his interviewee actually says. She seems to be really happy to be retiring and he just keeps on following the doom and gloom script in his head. Pitiful media reporting. 

She isn't the owner, but an employee of over 20 years.  She sounded like retirement wasn't unwelcome for her, not that she was really happy.  Not really a happy scenario for the other employees (who she thought/hoped would find alternative employment) and you cant skirt round that, but it sounded like a combination of issues behind the decision.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

She isn't the owner, but an employee of over 20 years.  She sounded like retirement wasn't unwelcome for her, not that she was really happy.  Not really a happy scenario for the other employees (who she thought/hoped would find alternative employment) and you cant skirt round that, but it sounded like a combination of issues behind the decision.

It was clearly said that she is the owner. She sounded quite happy despite Moss’ constant attempts to paint a doom and gloom picture. 

And as your constant attempts to question and pick apart anything I say are tiresome maybe check companies registry which confirms that the lady interviewed is in fact the share holder of Pascoes. Your constant sniping and undermining is getting boring now. 

https://services.gov.im/ded/services/companiesregistry/viewcompany.iom?Id=0UDX4Ug%2bDq6Zg2ivbk%2fbIw%3d%3d

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

You've got a fucking nerve Ramseyboi...

As I said to Gladys previous I couldn’t give a flying one what anyone thinks of anything I post. But her constant sniping to undermine anything I post is just boring. It was clearly stated who the woman was and companies registry backs it up. If she constantly snipes away I’ll just keep on coming back as there’s nothing wrong with the accuracy of anything I post here not least compared to most of the bollocks posted on this forum. I’ve got no idea what else you’re suggesting in that post. More inaccuracies I’d bet as it certainly has nothing to do with me. 

30 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It was clearly said that she is the owner. She sounded quite happy despite Moss’ constant attempts to paint a doom and gloom picture. 

And as your constant attempts to question and pick apart anything I say are tiresome maybe check companies registry which confirms that the lady interviewed is in fact the share holder of Pascoes. Your constant sniping and undermining is getting boring now. 

https://services.gov.im/ded/services/companiesregistry/viewcompany.iom?Id=0UDX4Ug%2bDq6Zg2ivbk%2fbIw%3d%3d

Is this the report?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/business-thanks-customers-for-loyal-support-after-announcing-closure/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

As I said to Gladys previous I couldn’t give a flying one what anyone thinks of anything I post. But her constant sniping to undermine anything I post is just boring. It was clearly stated who the woman was and companies registry backs it up. If she constantly snipes away I’ll just keep on coming back as there’s nothing wrong with the accuracy of anything I post here not least compared to most of the bollocks posted on this forum. I’ve got no idea what else you’re suggesting in that post. More inaccuracies I’d bet as it certainly has nothing to do with me. 

Did you purchase documents from the registry to confirm who the shareholders?

The lady interviewed was Verena Briscoe and she clearly said she had been with them for over 20 years. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, quilp said:

You've got a fucking nerve Ramseyboi...

I don't think he is RamseyBoi. But I could well be wrong. Are there logarithms that can analyse text for patterns?😁

I thought Observer was Ramseyboi but again that could be bollocks. I didn't mind Ramseyboi tbh

Are you allowed to try to  reveal a past anonymous avatar?

In the 60s, 70s and eighties, there was an expectation from casual employees, that they would be paid 'cash in hand', of course this did not mean a reduction in tax take for the govt, rather the apparent increased profit for the employer, by not declaring the wages paid out, meant that the employer actually paid the tax for the employee!!!!

These days, most casual employment is studiously recorded, all is over and above board, so  the employee is paying the tax on their joint family income.

That may be an incentive for some not to engage in casual work but  the understanding of the 'system' now enables  the casual employee  to know what will happen. They will be taxed on their casual earnings!!!

We can not logically argue that people are, on one hand, desperate for more money and yet will not do casual work because they don't want to pay ITIP on it.