Firm closing

finlo

STATEMENT 

It is with heavy hearts that we make the following statement, however due to an uncertain future and difficulties / timing issues renewing our lease with the landowners, we have come to the following decision.
We would like to announce that the 2023 camping season will be the last one that we operate as a full summer season in its current format. In 2024 we will possibly be only operating for the TT, Southern 100, MGP and a few select weekends as we prepare to close the campsite finally on the 22nd September 2024.
We do not know if the campsite will continue in 2025 or beyond, as this will be up to the current landowners, however it will no longer be under our management.
We have been running the campsite since 2013 and have had a wonderful time, created fantastic memories, and made lifelong friends. We are excited about our future adventures and want to thank our customers for all their support and generosity which has made the campsite such a success, as well all our chosen charities, they have support over the years, through their donations to the tea and coffee fund.

Steve & the team

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, WTF said:

really ??  they have spent quite a bit on that place over the last few years , i wonder if it's their idea to close or someone elses.

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I reckon they are just fed up of it. It must be a decent business. Maybe it will be sold on.

End of lease.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I think that limit was reached months ago. hiking up the prices even more will result in even less customers

I've been telling clients and contacts for ages to put up their prices, in some cases for a couple of years.  They felt some sort of moral need to absorb the prices on behalf of customers and it was sinking them.  Everything is going up in price now, so they need to too.  This recent inflation spike has given them kick they need to do it.  In my experience from subsequent discussions with them, very few people are complaining about having to pay the increases (it just accepted now) and they don't really seem to be losing any custom over it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, finlo said:

Just wait until the next round of leccy bills hit the doormat!

I was thinking of what happens next winter with the rises coming in the next 5 months alone.... :sweat:

• Like 1