Firm closing

finlo

On 3/17/2023 at 8:07 PM, John Wright said:

Quilleash.

No. He was struck off for taking instructions to appeal in a murder trial, and then did nothing, for years, whilst the guy languished. Eventually the guy instructed another advocate and the murder conviction was overturned.

He was readmitted, worked for me and was caught out doing work on the side from home without insurance and got struck off again.

He was very personable, and a reasonable advocate.

I think it says a lot about a profession when you can quote a track record like that and summarise him as a reasonable advocate.

Morals are for the poor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

I think it says a lot about a profession when you can quote a track record like that and summarise him as a reasonable advocate.

Morals are for the poor.

Reasonable advocate tells you everything you need to know about the morals of the legal profession 

8 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Morals are for the poor.

Advocate = professional title.

advocate = what an Advocate does in court.

Ken was a reasonable advocate

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2023 at 11:15 PM, Passing Time said:

That’s not him, you’re looking in a mirror…

To be fair, it was a not unreasonable observation. Years ago we used to go to such as Bar George on a Friday after work. I've seen yer man literally dancing on the tables at 5:30 pm, still on a lunchtime session.
Hey! And why not!!

On 3/17/2023 at 8:12 PM, Gladys said:

Ken.  I knew him vaguely, and he was a oersonable chap.  Didn't know that history though. 

You could write a book.

And multiple calls to the ADT, but I don't think that means an awful lot as the ADT are generally just the ones that came to light or were unsweepable under the carpet. 

But a pleasant chap, as they all are.

22 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes

I liked Ken. His mother was a friend of my mother, his sister was a nurse with my wife, but he was a bloody useless Coroner. 

My mother pleaded guilty to a driving offence through him but he never passed it on and she ended up being taken to court. I was away on holiday at the time and couldn’t help her. She said some bloke called Right or similar represented her. 

• Haha 3