Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I liked Ken. His mother was a friend of my mother, his sister was a nurse with my wife, but he was a bloody useless Coroner. 

My mother pleaded guilty to a driving offence through him but he never passed it on and she ended up being taken to court. I was away on holiday at the time and couldn’t help her. She said some bloke called Right or similar represented her. 

There were times when truth was a stranger to that office

Interesting that Manx Financial Group, which owns Conister, Edgewater and a handful of other financial services companies, posting record profits today.

Could be seen as a sign of the times although they seem to suggest lending on the Isle of Man is just back to pre-covid levels. 

They have acquired or set up some other businesses in fairness although you don't legally get to be as rich as the majority shareholder without being savvy. 

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

Interesting that Manx Financial Group, which owns Conister, Edgewater and a handful of other financial services companies, posting record profits today.

Could be seen as a sign of the times although they seem to suggest lending on the Isle of Man is just back to pre-covid levels. 

They have acquired or set up some other businesses in fairness although you don't legally get to be as rich as the majority shareholder without being savvy. 

Presumably made a tidy sum off of 80% guarenteed Government backed Covid schemes too. 

Sugarloaf Cafè in PSM have announced permanent closure on their Facebook page 

—-

I am sorry to announce that The Sugarloaf Cafe will not be opening its doors in 2023. As with other small hospitality businesses, we have been hit by rising energy, ingredients and staff costs which make a low margin business like a cafe not economically viable. In addition, the current VAT regime is uniquely challenging for such enterprises.

I would like to thank all of my loyal customers, staff and suppliers for their support and commitment over the past four years that the cafe has been open. It has been a lot of fun and I hope that we have been able to put a smile on people’s faces, but sadly, all good things must come to an end.

• Sad 3

On 3/17/2023 at 8:07 PM, John Wright said:

Quilleash.

No. He was struck off for taking instructions to appeal in a murder trial, and then did nothing, for years, whilst the guy languished. Eventually the guy instructed another advocate and the murder conviction was overturned.

He was readmitted, worked for me and was caught out doing work on the side from home without insurance and got struck off again.

He was very personable, and a reasonable advocate.

Had a very important case that Quilleash was our advocate for with the then head of the Comms Commission....he won and was awarded £20,000.

Payment was agreed, and time went by, until a local Bailiff came a knocking looking to remove £10,000 of my personal belongings...why?

Because our Sax playing drinker had forgotten to forward the finance release documents....or whatever to his advocates.

My then colleague and I spent the next year or so personally paying all the British (English) County Courts to remove the stigma that this had left us with.

God bless Conister who made us aware of this....try getting even a car loan under those circumstance!

Cheers Ken.

13 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Had a very important case that Quilleash was our advocate for with the then head of the Comms Commission....he won and was awarded £20,000.

Payment was agreed, and time went by, until a local Bailiff came a knocking looking to remove £10,000 of my personal belongings...why?

Because our Sax playing drinker had forgotten to forward the finance release documents....or whatever to his advocates.

My then colleague and I spent the next year or so personally paying all the British (English) County Courts to remove the stigma that this had left us with.

God bless Conister who made us aware of this....try getting even a car loan under those circumstance!

Cheers Ken.

Was he a sax playing drinker?

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Think he’s trying to being discreet about JPBC.

Sorry John, you lost me there?

After posting I hoped I'd not said anything that could be of any 'legal' concern to MF.

But, that really is how it panned out.

Even more interesting is how the Bailiff handled the issue. 

Interested? PM me.

1 minute ago, Sentience said:

Sorry John, you lost me there?

After posting I hoped I'd not said anything that could be of any 'legal' concern to MF.

But, that really is how it panned out.

Even more interesting is how the Bailiff handled the issue. 

Interested? PM me.

KAQ never played the sax. JPBC does