Firm closing

finlo

On 3/30/2023 at 11:00 AM, Gizo said:

Which therefore you never need an advocate. 
A scrap of paper was my mothers will. Get death certificate, get probate and away you go. Piece of piss. 

This scrap of paper which you say was your mothers will. Was it witnessed?

I think given that estates can be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds due to say the value of property I think it’s worth a few hundred quid to get  the will properly sorted rather than writing it on the back of a fag packet.

If you were to sell a property would you be comfortable writing the contract between you and the purchaser on a piece of kitchen roll you just happened to have lying about?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think given that estates can be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds due to say the value of property I think it’s worth a few hundred quid to get  the will properly sorted rather than writing it on the back of a fag packet.

If you were to sell a property would you be comfortable writing the contract between you and the purchaser on a piece of kitchen roll you just happened to have lying about?

Too bloody true. We have a case down here where my friend's husband concluded a £300k contract with a handshake, died a few years later and the other party (elderly, Alzheimer's) is denying the terms of the deal.

Nightmare for my friend. Will probably go to court.

From Facey it appears that Saffron Indian restaurant in Ramsey is now closed, apparently due to non payment of rates. 

Obviously I don’t know whether that’s true or not but it does have a very odd history, for example in who runs it, whether in fact the “new management” it boasted of, was in fact new management.

If true it’s shame, Ramsey could do with a traditional Indian restaurant.

There is Velika’s which aspires to be more than that but if they have more than twenty covers in they seem unable to cope.

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Saffron Indian restaurant in Ramsey is now closed, apparently due to non payment of rates.

RENT. Landlord apparently changed the locks. The people running the place are alleged to be  still accepting on line orders and taking the cash, but not actually delivering.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

RENT. Landlord apparently changed the locks. The people running the place are alleged to be  still accepting on line orders and taking the cash, but not actually delivering.

Presumably they're taking card payments, so that isn't a strategy with a future as soon as the card merchant services finds out.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

t appears that Saffron Indian restaurant in Ramsey is now closed

If this is the place that has had several ''staff'' legality issues , it would be an indication of a cavalier attitude to the rules? May have included rent and rates facilities???

It's always a shame if they were providing a good service for the local market, albeit after closing time service?

20 years ago no one would have questioned the provenance of the staff, cousins, nephews ? Get on with it?

Too many regulations???

51 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is Dave's Delicious Dogs still there? Are they still making their hot dogs? 

Long shut, never really re-opened after covid, plus allegations of internal fingers in the till contributing to the closure...

8 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No. I walked into the probate office with a random scrap of paper signed by me snd they granted me probate. It was that fckn easy you knob. 

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

The people running the place are alleged to be  still accepting on line orders and taking the cash, but not actually delivering.

so like douglas rates and bin collections then ..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1