Firm closing

finlo

12 hours ago, kevster said:

Large TV screens - I won't be going

I hate TV screens. However I would describe these as very small by today's standards. 

I dont mind the TV if there is actually something important on, it's when they are just on and no one is actually looking at them that it does my head in.m

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I hate TV screens. However I would describe these as very small by today's standards. 

I dont mind the TV if there is actually something important on, it's when they are just on and no one is actually looking at them that it does my head in.m

I assume they will be showing sports which a lot of their patrons will be interested in

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

I assume they will be showing sports which a lot of their patrons will be interested in

Thats my point exactly. There is no sport at many times of the day. If there is and someone is watching, fair enough. Often there isn't and there isn't and then they are just annoying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Don’t look at then 🤷‍♂️

Some places use them for menus, specials etc.  I don’t see why it’s an issue?

Some places have art on the walls that I don’t like, so I don’t look at it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Don’t look at then 🤷‍♂️

Some places use them for menus, specials etc.  I don’t see why it’s an issue?

Some places have art on the walls that I don’t like, so I don’t look at it.

Its a personal choice. I don't need anyone telling me what I should do. They annoy me. I just don't go in places where they have them, as don't many other people. 

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, kevster said:

Large TV screens - I won't be going

I agree the screens work in Jaks as they’re downstairs but not sure there as all you’re going to hear when you’re eating is the noise from the bar area as goals are scored etc which is really annoying. it looks good though. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Its a personal choice. I don't need anyone telling me what I should do. They annoy me. I just don't go in places where they have them, as don't many other people. 

who's telling you what to do ?  

32 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Did you go to Barbary before the refurb?

Anyway.  There have always been TVs in there so I am not sure what people are getting het up about?

Maybe they are changing the vibe of the place a bit to make three distinct venues with different atmospheres when the new one opens which I see work has now started on.  More positive news with another new venue opening.

Jaks and BC are both very popular so it’s not like the guys are investing in a new place with no understanding of the market or current climate.  They obviously know there is enough business to sustain a third venue which is good news for all of us.

Poorly run places will continue to struggle and close, good places will continue to thrive.

Edited by Ativa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

38 minutes ago, WTF said:

who's telling you what to do ?  

His mum?

• Haha 3

Regardless of the TV's, many people will be looking at their 'phones all the time, Mum, Dad and the kids, none of them talking to each other. Worst of all is breaking off a conversation to see what the latest 'ping' is about!!!

Well, maybe not too different to home life?

• Like 1

Just now, Kopek said:

Regardless of the TV's, many people will be looking at their 'phones all the time, Mum, Dad and the kids, none of them talking to each other. Worst of all is breaking off a conversation to see what the latest 'ping' is about!!!

Well, maybe not too different to home life?

Indeed.  Its the way mobiles are put on the table rather than kept in a bag or pocket.  You really do not need to be connected all the time. 

• Like 2