Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Mum knows best in my experience

Only took her six hours to get back to you and tell you how to respond. But she's right, mum always knows best*! 

*aside from when she doesn't. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

Indeed.  It’s the way mobiles are put on the table rather than kept in a bag or pocket.  You really do not need to be connected all the time. 

Interestingly I was talking about this to my wife in the other night. 
There does seem to have been a marked decline in people in people using their phone at restaurant tables.

Maybe finally the novelty is beginning to wear off and good manners are being restored.

Lets hope so anyway.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There does seem to have been a marked decline in people in people using their phone at restaurant tables.

Maybe finally the novelty is beginning to wear off and good manners are being restored.

Lets hope so anyway.

Have you seen the increases in mobile tariffs!

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Lets hope so anyway.

It really came home when the mum's at my granddaughter's first birthday party were all glued to their mobiles.  All of them missing what was going on there and then, with their own children.  You know  precious moments and all that. 

It is not so noticeable now, I agree.  But not sure it is manners, more like there is more of a subconscious understanding that life actually exists beyond the internet. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It is not so noticeable now, I agree.  But not sure it is manners, more like there is more of a subconscious understanding that life actually exists beyond the internet. 

Fear Of Missing Out has been replaced by the gradual realisation from experience that they weren't missing much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 8:49 PM, Passing Time said:

They have a place in Castletown, maybe they've moved there full time

Lost their licence for both premises due to an 'administrative error'. 

Douglas shop is now closed.

Said to be adamant they're going for the Castletown licence back and another Douglas one at some point in the future. I wouldn't like to have to stand up in the court and explain how I'd managed to inadvertently lose the previous one. Not certain they'll get it back from what I hear. 

17 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Douglas shop is now closed.

Said to be adamant they're going for the Castletown licence back and another Douglas one at some point in the future. I wouldn't like to have to stand up in the court and explain how I'd managed to inadvertently lose the previous one. Not certain they'll get it back from what I hear. 

Went a couple of times and found their beers way overpriced

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

They're not "overpriced", they are making a normal margin on them. 

Craft beers are more expensive to make than standard mass produced macro stuff. 

Maybe over what you are willing to pay.

It's the equivalent of someone going into The Harbour View Bistro and saying they can get cheaper burgers in McDonalds. 

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Expensive, but not overpriced. The stuff they stocked was good stuff, a lot of foreign imports, and none of that is cheap. Especially since Brexit making imports even harder.

20 hours ago, jackwhite said:

They said why on Facebook. The limited company held the licence and they didn’t file paperwork in time, resulting in the limited company being wound up. No company, no licence.

Of course the licensing laws have now changed, so that’ll be fun. I don’t see how they’d be held in disrepute unless there’s another reason why the limited company went.

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

Expensive, but not overpriced. The stuff they stocked was good stuff, a lot of foreign imports, and none of that is cheap. Especially since Brexit making imports even harder.

They said why on Facebook. The limited company held the licence and they didn’t file paperwork in time, resulting in the limited company being wound up. No company, no licence.

Of course the licensing laws have now changed, so that’ll be fun. I don’t see how they’d be held in disrepute unless there’s another reason why the limited company went.

They've been sent three reminders and not responded to them. 

Negligent at best.