Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Leonardo’s in Castletown is BYOB. I always think it’s sad to see people get up and trek to the Co-op and come back with wine and beer and then crack a can open before they tuck into main course. But then again I’m sure he’s got absolutely no chance of getting a license based on the rumours I’ve heard. 

I'd buy the food in the Co-Op at the same time. Everytime I've eaten in Leonardos, it's been awful. Better add- I've only been there for business related meals as I work nearby so not my choice of venue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

I dunno. 9 of us, over three nights, polished off 15 bottles.

wrighty, Mrs wrighty, Gladys and La Dolce Vita can put it away at a rate of knots.

with Gladys there the other 8 of you did well to make a bottle last 3 nights

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Leonardo’s in Castletown is BYOB. I always think it’s sad to see people get up and trek to the Co-op and come back with wine and beer and then crack a can open before they tuck into main course. But then again I’m sure he’s got absolutely no chance of getting a license based on the rumours I’ve heard. 

The transcript from their license application is online somewhere. Worth a read.

10 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Yeah that one.

Full transcript here if you can be bothered.

Hilarious the guy's attitude. The court is a very old fashioned procedure but you have to 'play the game' and be respectful.

SUCCULENT SAVOURIES - Alcohol Licence application / 16 November 2017 / SUMMARY COURT