Firm closing

finlo

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s the pharmacist who has to be registered/licensed. Not the building.

There is an agreement between Manx Care and the operator of the business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Fistard Properties hugely refurbed that place just before they went in. It didn’t look like a cheap refit either as the guys were in there for months. If they’ve only got a years rent out of them it’s a shame. More likely I’d assume that Fistard as a good landlord may have offered some sort of rent reduced period to get them in and they’ve now canned it off before the full costs kicked in as it wasn’t going to work longer term. Who knows. 

Who knows?

Not you that’s for sure

• Like 1

8 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Fistard Properties hugely refurbed that place just before they went in. It didn’t look like a cheap refit either as the guys were in there for months. If they’ve only got a years rent out of them it’s a shame. More likely I’d assume that Fistard as a good landlord may have offered some sort of rent reduced period to get them in and they’ve now canned it off before the full costs kicked in as it wasn’t going to work longer term. Who knows. 

It's highly unlikely that the landlords would have been involved in the makeover of the premier, ground floor. prime retail space in their building, more a case of , pay your rent, do what you want with the space, as long as you don't ruin it for any future tenant remodelling that would involve us landlords in extra expense in turning it back into prime retail space ????

9 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Well, again, if you'd known, you'd understand it wasn't specifically Junkbox who were renovating the building. There is/was someone else involved behind the scenes and their plans didn't get off the ground. 

So, like many people on the Isle of Man, you've put managed to get 5 from adding 2 and 2. 

Jack Jack, I have 45 years experience in catering and wine sales and when \i say that 2 n 2 equal 5 , it is because \i know what |I a\m talking about ! You came over here with your fancy English ideas , you would show us Manx  how to do things?  Welll in fifty years I have seen you come and go because you don't understand the local manx market!!!  You park your BMW suvs in front of the business as tho you have devine right to to do so and you think that the Manx market will  succourm to your superior knowledge of how it works over here ???? jack   jack, that is is now it works over here. live and learn sonny. you'll get there some day

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Jack Jack, I have 45 years experience in catering and wine sales and when \i say that 2 n 2 equal 5 , it is because \i know what |I a\m talking about ! You came over here with your fancy English ideas , you would show us Manx  how to do things?  Welll in fifty years I have seen you come and go because you don't understand the local manx market!!!  You park your BMW suvs in front of the business as tho you have devine right to to do so and you think that the Manx market will  succourm to your superior knowledge of how it works over here ???? jack   jack, that is is now it works over here. live and learn sonny. you'll get there some day

Yeah?

The best hospitality venues I can think of are not Manx owned. 

Also.....

Racist Racismo GIF - Racist Racismo Father Ted GIFs

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:20 AM, Happier diner said:

I hate TV screens. However I would describe these as very small by today's standards. 

I dont mind the TV if there is actually something important on, it's when they are just on and no one is actually looking at them that it does my head in.m

The same TVs as before, just moved to different locations.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:14 PM, John Wright said:

It’s the pharmacist who has to be registered/licensed. Not the building.

There is an agreement between Manx Care and the operator of the business.

Another Banker fact check. You’d think he’d stop making up so much rubbish by now. 

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'm amazed that it's still open. There's never anyone in it whenever I walk past. 

It has been closed most of the week for months.

Get it closed and get it taken over by someone who can be arsed to make an effort.

38 minutes ago, finlo said:

Royal George is next for the chop allegedly, so that new Zebra crossing is a monumental waste of time, effort and money!

Nah - The crossing couldn't be for the Royal George clientele - encouraging pub goers to cross over to a car park is a bit counter intuitive...So is it just that the chippy is super busy? Cant be for folk going to the restaurant its shut.....So could it have been in the plans for all the 'suits' that they are/were expecting to be living in the proposed 'marina' development to enable them to walk to work and cross that 'busy highway' safely to the thriving business hub that is Ramsey with its sparkling chinese granite and the quay with its envisioned shiny glass walls?? I would love to know what the actual big picture is because currently none of it makes sense .