Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Douglas is the capital for ~85,000 - if anything Falmouth has a smaller catchment as there are many other towns nearby, just look at the map.

Poor excuse IMO.

Maps of Cornwall

Towns? I know Cornwall pretty well. Most of those are hardly even villages.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I see BottleMonkey craft brewery at Castletown old fire station is no more. Company dissolved, lease terminated.

Three times in the last couple of hours according to this thread .

Imagine if people read the last page before making new posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Three times in the last couple of hours according to this thread .

Imagine if people read the last page before making new posts.

I suspect all three of us started posting about the same time. Who pushed post first was random. The other two weren’t there when I started.

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Must be something happening in Peel on Saturday as Marine not taking bookings for Saturday night . Pity as you get  a great feed and its always pretty good. Great pub food . So Just Pizza gets my business again . 

Race the Sun buffet I think?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StCatherine said:

Bottle monkey brewery never actually brewed anything. It’s a real shame as the concept seemed good. Ironically seemingly identical to the port Erin plans. 

Except this one is for a 1000Litre Brewery which is a lot bigger than there plans. Mine is 100 litre which is 4 cask theirs will produce 40 casks per brew no idea where they think they are going to sell them, its money down the drain I would think

5 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Don’t know how you can manage it. Lunch at the Marine is huge in my limited experience. 

Yes.. probably the largest portions on the island.. I  am a  fatty and can manage the "Normal "  portions . The missus takes the "smaller portion" and I often have to finish off her food as well..

Even the smaller portions are probably the same size of the mains at  other restaurants  🙂

Edited by mad_manx

1 hour ago, StCatherine said:

Bottle monkey brewery never actually brewed anything. It’s a real shame as the concept seemed good. Ironically seemingly identical to the port Erin plans. 

I went there on the Thursday before they closed for open mic. Great place. Great concept. I hope someone can do something similar there. 

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes there’s a lot of strange things go on here.
People editing their posts without leaving an audit trail etc

So you claim. But it didn’t happen. I don’t have that level of authorisation.