Firm closing

finlo

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Thanks Woolley, I read them after I posted.  The post showing the registry filings expressing surprise at no accounts was wrong.  They are not public record and the company may well have their tax and accounting affairs up to date, but the registry file will not tell you that. 

Quite right, Gladys. Although the lack of annual return filings is ominous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Wright said:

VoR’s original accusation was that I’d edited my post and edited his post which had quoted my post.

I certainly can’t edit someone else’s post. I didn’t edit or change my post.

OK

Time to put this to bed and move on.

I certainly did not accuse you of editing my post.

In the trans discussion you made an original post referring to “ his reward” re someone who had transitioned from a male to a female. This was seen by at least two people. It is irrefutable that “ his reward” were the words used.

I pointed out this confusion, and somehow became a villain. If not directly being accused of being transphobic something near to that

The same post then re appeared with “ his reward” being replaced with “her award”, be that by editing, deletion and rewriting , whatever. Again it is irrefutable that that was what happened.

You say that was not due to your actions. I believe you.

I also didn’t do it and in the absence of anyone else coming forward we must, as my old mother used to say put it down to “ Mr Nobody” being mischievous. 

End of.

On 5/18/2023 at 5:33 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Zoiks, you are right.

So that would enable a poster to rewrite their post and still legitimately claim they didn’t edit the original 

No. If you delete and then write a new post it would appear after any intervening posts

On 5/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, jackwhite said:

They would have been back in the alcohol courts this month if the Councillors had given the go ahead. 

But the company hasn’t been restored, so it couldn’t apply. In fact, if it had been restored the commissioners couldn’t have cancelled the lease. So the company couldn’t have applied for a licence at the moment.

To restore you have to file all missing annual returns, etc, pay fees, and submit all outstanding tax etc returns and accounts to Treasury.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. If you delete and then write a new post it would appear after any intervening posts

Yes it would if there were any intervening posts.

Anyway that’s by the by. “ his reward” became “ her reward”.

You’d would normally expect the creator of the second “ her” posting  ( by whatever means) to have just said “ Whoops I have misgendered, and it’s already been discussed on this thread how easy that is to do, apologies!

Unless they were the sort of person who would never admit to have made a mistake.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

But the company hasn’t been restored, so it couldn’t apply. In fact, if it had been restored the commissioners couldn’t have cancelled the lease. So the company couldn’t have applied for a licence at the moment.

To restore you have to file all missing annual returns, etc, pay fees, and submit all outstanding tax etc returns and accounts to Treasury.

They were in the process of doing all of this. They believed they had but there was some confusion.

27 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

They were in the process of doing all of this. They believed they had but there was some confusion.

Good job they hadn't got as far as the AWLRS and Brewers license then C+E are down like a ton of bricks on anybody infringes their laws

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes it would if there were any intervening posts.

Anyway that’s by the by. “ his reward” became “ her reward”.

You’d would normally expect the creator of the second “ her” posting  ( by whatever means) to have just said “ Whoops I have misgendered, and it’s already been discussed on this thread how easy that is to do, apologies!

Unless they were the sort of person who would never admit to have made a mistake.

Has it ever occurred to you that you may have misread or misremembered. After all, it’s you who can’t ever admit you were wrong about Brexit.

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Has it ever occurred to you that you may have misread or misremembered. After all, it’s you who can’t ever admit you were wrong about Brexit.

I saw and read exactly the same as VOR.  I almost took a screen shot at the time because I had a feeling it would end up being changed, but for some reason didn’t bother.

I gave up caring weeks ago, but can absolutely back up his version of events although I admit I have no idea how it ended up being a different post a couple of hours later.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

I saw and read exactly the same as VOR.  I almost took a screen shot at the time because I had a feeling it would end up being changed, but for some reason didn’t bother.

I gave up caring weeks ago, but can absolutely back up his version of events although I admit I have no idea how it ended up being a different post a couple of hours later.

Same here, don’t really care about this but your attempt to gaslight VoR isn’t doing you any favours John.

• Thanks 1

I overheard this on MR news towards the end of last week, Douglas Chamber of Commerce is claiming that businesses and individuals are facing their, "Toughest times in Decades" in the economy as they launch their latest survey.

It will be interesting to see what any of our politicians come out with in response, if any, as Govt largely appears to be hell-bent on increasing the challenges with recent increases in taxes etc. Or are DCC just scaremongering with overstatement?

Screenshot_20230521-173920_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.49a14cbfc73b2419a5a8a67cd5b54331.jpg

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I overheard this on MR news towards the end of last week, Douglas Chamber of Commerce is claiming that businesses and individuals are facing their, "Toughest times in Decades" in the economy as they launch their latest survey.

It will be interesting to see what any of our politicians come out with in response, if any, as Govt largely appears to be hell-bent on increasing the challenges with recent increases in taxes etc. Or are DCC just scaremongering with overstatement?

Screenshot_20230521-173920_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.49a14cbfc73b2419a5a8a67cd5b54331.jpg

50k Billy says it's not all doom and gloom.

1 hour ago, finlo said:

50k Billy says it's not all doom and gloom.

Yes, I don't quite understand it either. The "hard twelve months", as forecast by the then Treasury Minister, finished at the end of February too, we can be taking in the rays on the sunlit uplands now.

Be gone, DCC, with your tales of hardship and woe...

Dining by Chris Franklin

Gone

Nof surprised. It was expensive and pretentious and the food and service weren’t even very good.

I see it is being blamed on produce prices and other things though while other restaurants continue to do well.

8 hours ago, Ativa said:

Dining by Chris Franklin

Gone

Nof surprised. It was expensive and pretentious and the food and service weren’t even very good.

I see it is being blamed on produce prices and other things though while other restaurants continue to do well.

Had a look at prices & decided it was far too expensive so didn’t go wasn’t he blaming quay work for loss of business