Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

To be honest a convoluted discussion on caulk is right at my level. 

Maybe we could start a thread on the Zen of Jetwashing?  Now there is a cathartic DIY task.  I sometimes lay awake at night dreaming of being a professional jetwasher, they must be so satisfied with life.

Or the merits of painting from right to left or left to right… that should keep everyone going for an age. Then when you have agreement you can add up and down to the equation in its various forms also ….good luck haha 

• Like 1

There are only a handful of places here you can walk into and not come out empty handed.

EFF is one of those places.

The number of this type of store, and it's service, is getting less and less.

Screwfix is just B&Q with an Argos style and TESCO attitude.   

Low quality own brand crap.  

2 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

There are only a handful of places here you can walk into and not come out empty handed.

EFF is one of those places.

The number of this type of store, and it's service, is getting less and less.

Screwfix is just B&Q with an Argos style and TESCO attitude.   

Low quality own brand crap.  

There was loads of competition though and enough of it dotted around the island that people wouldn’t make a trip to a Douglas on the off chance of being able to pick up what they want.

Qualtroughs in Castletown and Douglas

Ken Quines in Port Erin

Screwfix 

B&Q

Macblairs

Haldane Fisher in Douglas and Ramsey

Feltons in Ramsey

Simpson in Peel

Whittackers

Etc etc.

Plus crossover with The Paint hub, the one who’s name escapes me that has been on Finch Road for decades, Yesss, Edmusons, CEF.

Like I said I used to use IFF a lot but recently there was always more reason to go somewhere else be it convenience in opening hours or location, or just the fact that IFF had very little stock for the last year or so (for what are now obvious reasons)

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

All about the wet finger personally.  Although sometimes I then run out of fingers and end up stuck to handfuls of tissue. 

I don't think I have ever used more than a quarter of one of those tube/gun things and then always come back to a hardened nozzle.

WTF !!

I think you’ve got your forums mixed up and inadvertently posted to the wrong one!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

All about the wet finger personally.  Although sometimes I then run out of fingers and end up stuck to handfuls of tissue.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

This is ME!

There is a definite knack to getting it just right. How you wet the finger is key, and being ready to switch quickly to a different one.

If caulk or silicone hardens in the nozzle or tube, dig it out and keep it, then when needed, cut into little pads from the nozzle as little feet for under appliances or the tube as bigger isolating pads for under your HiFi amplifier or Record Deck.

the joy of re-use!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

How you wet the finger is key

I’m not going to lie. Sometimes when it gets to the stage of every finger covered in filler, and when the prospect of turning a tap on is just too messy, I have been known to just lick the only available clean finger in order to finish the last little bit.

I mean, we’ve all been there  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not going to lie. Sometimes when it gets to the stage of every finger covered in filler, and when the prospect of turning a tap on is just too messy, I have been known to just lick the only available clean finger in order to finish the last little bit.

I mean, we’ve all been there  

Are we still on the decorating subject here...? 🤭

• Like 1