Firm closing

finlo

11 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

There are floors and floors of govt staff now geared up to raise revenue, from tax people to egaming compliance regulations and parking fines. They are all busy imploding their own revenue model. Suddenly, they'll find there is no one left to fine anymore as businesses say 'enough is enough'...that have no staff to work here as it's too expensive to live here.

Or 90% of your staff will now be the Compliance Department and it is now virturally impossible to undertake even the simplest of financial transactions without re-writing the bible. 

As the Chamber of Commerce says and I've been piping up about for ages - Govt red tape is hindering business: 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chambers-frustration-over-government-red-tape/

Edited by The Phantom

15 minutes ago, 2112 said:

According to the NPM Carter Moon estate agent on Victoria Street Douglas is closing down next, as the managing director is going into semi retirement. 

There’s enough estate agents & never saw any of their signs around 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s enough estate agents & never saw any of their signs around 

You may not have seen their signs but I have. What makes you think there are enough estate agents? Some are good, some are bad, some are lazy and some are greedy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Bombay Central ( Kurries and steaks ) in Seven Kingdoms closing  as per their Facebook announcement..

They change periodically.

K&S owners have enough on their plate and did both The Grandstand and Bushys during TT. He works his behind off. 

Moonlight (sister venue of Kiki's) closing, but only for refurb until September. They do it periodically to keep it fresh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

They change periodically.

K&S owners have enough on their plate and did both The Grandstand and Bushys during TT. He works his behind off. 

Moonlight (sister venue of Kiki's) closing, but only for refurb until September. They do it periodically to keep it fresh.

That's good to know. Street kitchen  from k&s  is one of my favourite places for lunch if I'm in town on a weekday 

I don't know how the owners manage so many businesses at the same time..

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

You may not have seen their signs but I have. What makes you think there are enough estate agents? Some are good, some are bad, some are lazy and some are greedy. 

You must deal with a lot of estate agents to have been able to Label them all or is it your usual unsubstantiated gossip?

• Sad 1

Ta God I do most of my cooking at home? Haven;t had a take away for months.

Sometimes I walk past the Chip Shop and think, that would ne easy but then I think, nah! I can do better at home.

Only exception is the salt n chili Tofu on the terrace, perhaps the Singapore noodles, delish!!!

The take away on the TerraCE Woodbourne, change of owners but I tthink the same Family!

Have my own Kimchi to go with it. 12 weeks old, good for another month or two???

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mad_manx said:

That's good to know. Street kitchen  from k&s  is one of my favourite places for lunch if I'm in town on a weekday 

I don't know how the owners manage so many businesses at the same time..

Sheer hard work. 

He was there himself serving food up at The Grandstand. Possibly the hardest working owner of any business I know, and a nice guy into the bargain.

FWIW, and totally my opinion based on hearsay, I don't think any food business will last long at Seven Kingdoms.

• Like 4