Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, lethargy said:

How do you expect it to be open when it is a) without a tenant to run it and b) currently being refurbished?

I was saying those things should have been sorted over the winter.  If they can’t find a tenant for a newly refurbished place then the lease is obviously rubbish and needs sorting ASAP so the place isn’t sat empty.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Went up for sale yesterday and the pair of them are in 30s so can’t see them retiring 

It’s Lees parents who had the bakery etc who are retiring, thought they also made the pies and this was reason for sale?

31 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

No sign of life there yet.

They must have lost lots of revenue this year.

Anyone know if PSM golf pavilion has new tenants yet? Closed 3/4 months ago with PSM commissioners supposedly seeking new tenants.

4 hours ago, Asthehills said:

In typical Manx style, I expect this beauty spot eatery which is a favourite with tourists will re open in the autumn 🙄

The MNH site now says it's: 

Closed for refurbishment until late Autumn/Winter 2023 (reopening date to be announced).

Though I seem to remember a Late Spring 2023 opening being originally promised.  It could be that work has been more extensive than originally thought or finding builders more difficult or there's no interest in operating the site.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Anyone know if PSM golf pavilion has new tenants yet? Closed 3/4 months ago with PSM commissioners supposedly seeking new tenants.

I believe the golf club were wanting it, but since a most fickle commissioner has a personal vendetta against the golf club, it is unlikely to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gizo said:

I believe the golf club were wanting it, but since a most fickle commissioner has a personal vendetta against the golf club, it is unlikely to happen. 

some commissioners have too much 'power' then ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1