Firm closing

finlo

17 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Hey it’s Port st Mary   Where you can’    t

apparently the golf club put a more than reasonable offer in which was dismissed, to many big egos on PSM board with little business acumen. 

Pretty much standard across all local authorities. Onchan being one of the worst…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the new Portifino (wonky west - 1 quay west…) last night. I’d say their main competitors given the new menu would be Tacoma (a place I’m never going to goto again - ever!).

I loved Portifino but it was a 6-12 monthly treat, so I can’t say I’m surprised they’ve changed their business model. Last nights off the new menu food was exceptional and they still have the Portofino faves so I really hope they can navigate these torrid times. They’ve divided the seating into “of the moment” and classical which is a nice touch. Same lovely staff and food which never disappoints, they should do well with the young hipster crowd as well as us old fogies :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 2bees said:

We went to the new Portifino (wonky west - 1 quay west…) last night. I’d say their main competitors given the new menu would be Tacoma (a place I’m never going to goto again - ever!).

I loved Portifino but it was a 6-12 monthly treat, so I can’t say I’m surprised they’ve changed their business model. Last nights off the new menu food was exceptional and they still have the Portofino faves so I really hope they can navigate these torrid times. They’ve divided the seating into “of the moment” and classical which is a nice touch. Same lovely staff and food which never disappoints, they should do well with the young hipster crowd as well as us old fogies :)

I haven't been to Tacoma but was intending to give it a go. Can you expand on what the issues were? 

The food is priced at a premium, so you expect it to be good, both times we’ve been there has been an issue with some part of the order “I’ll let the chef know” appeases me not. We had hassleback potatoes that were nothing of the sort and burnt onion bhaji’s. It’s a lovely venue and I wanted to like it, hence we went a second time but 🤦‍♀️ 

You should go, we might have just been unlucky, it’s a great place and the menu is lush. Make up your own opinion :) 

• Like 3

Oh yeah Wine down I forgot about Wine Down, never had a bad meal there either, but I do over eat whenever I go there 😁 one of these and one of those and oooh pudding too, but it is also fairly expensive. 

Of the 3, 1 Quay West wins on food quality, price and staff friendliness. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

Oh yeah Wine down I forgot about Wine Down, never had a bad meal there either, but I do over eat whenever I go there 😁 one of these and one of those and oooh pudding too, but it is also fairly expensive. 

Of the 3, 1 Quay West wins on food quality, price and staff friendliness. 

Am I right that Chatha has taken over owning Portofino? I know he owns the premises and leased it to them, but a girl I know that works with him told me he was taking over the ownership of the restaurant too.

11 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Am I right that Chatha has taken over owning Portofino? I know he owns the premises and leased it to them, but a girl I know that works with him told me he was taking over the ownership of the restaurant too.

No idea :) sounds like he owns half the island if so.