Firm closing

finlo

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Lets think out of the box 🙂 for a moment.

How about to make sure we don't all starve.

Everyone puts a loaf of bread in their freezer

Mrs Johnson, all of them, have done that for years and yes its not as tasty but it makes fine toast if you cant get to the shop or the boat is not working.

Problem solved

So instead of theres a boat in the morning, it will be "putin" a loaf in your freezer ?

10 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Lets think out of the box 🙂 for a moment.

How about to make sure we don't all starve.

Everyone puts a loaf of bread in their freezer

Mrs Johnson, all of them, have done that for years and yes its not as tasty but it makes fine toast if you cant get to the shop or the boat is not working.

Problem solved

Always knew Carrie was a weirdo.

But I know Mrs NoTail has 2 or 3 loaves in our freezer. So she's a weirdo too.

12 minutes ago, WTF said:

yes, the raspberry farmer man from kirkmichael  IIRC, a very nice gentleman.

@Passing TimeBandhari. It was DEFA. Not M&S. He sued. Wanted millions. Got £18k.

He’d qualified for Legal Aid. Got an English solicitor and a QC. They put in a bill for nearly £500.000. That’s what Legal Aid paid them. The court allowed less than £100,000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

@Passing TimeBandhari. It was DEFA. Not M&S. He sued. Wanted millions. Got £18k.

He’d qualified for Legal Aid. Got an English solicitor and a QC. They put in a bill for nearly £500.000. That’s what Legal Aid paid them. The court allowed less than £100,000.

Thanks John, shows how bad my memory is...

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It paid his legal team £500,000 and recovered £100,000. So it cost the taxpayer £400,000 to recover £18,000. But as the other £100,000 came from DEFA it was spend £500,000 to win £18,000.

Wasn't the M & S reason something like Packaging, in the end?

The B of Ag said, go for it , M&S said, maybe but in the end , No thanks?

I think I might support a D of Ag controlling somethings, like, no, you can't raise Beef Cattle, we have enough?

Get us growing what we need, not what Farmers Weekly says we need?

Ban live exports and then they can't say they were not warned?

Edited by Kopek

3 hours ago, Eris said:

Then let the free market decide. As for quality products, that's all about compliance with requirements, nothing else.

Interesting responce.  I wonder how many people realise that the definition that I gave is in essence the ISO definition that "The totality of features and characteristics of a product or service that bear on its ability to satisfy stated or implied needs". In simpler words, one can say that a product has good quality when it "complies with the requirements specified by the client

Edited by Eris
Tidy grammar!

As a person who cannot eat wheat, I have to buy the gluten-free bread at £3.50-ish a loaf. It’s not very good either and, as a result I don’t eat much bread. I’m still quite well nourished. Nobody is going to starve as a result of Ramsey Bakery closing. 
This is a decent read, as usual; https://fearandloathing2021.wixsite.com/fearandloathingblog/post/all-is-not-well-in-camberwick-green-says-windy-miller

Edited by joebean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, joebean said:

As a person who cannot eat wheat, I have to buy the gluten-free bread at £3.50-ish a loaf. It’s not very good either and, as a result I don’t eat much bread. I’m still quite well nourished. Nobody is going to starve as a result of Ramsey Bakery closing. 
This is a decent read, as usual; https://fearandloathing2021.wixsite.com/fearandloathingblog/post/all-is-not-well-in-camberwick-green-says-windy-miller

buy a bread maker and make your own cardboard, then you won't have to spend £3.50 on a loaf.