Firm closing

finlo

Noas' bread fitted a modern phenomenon, if your teeth could get through that crust!!!

I don't like to critisise an ongoing business but as Ross is for sale.........

II tried their wholemeal and found that, while it had the old fashioned smell and taste of wholemeal, it   still had the texture and squigyness of modern bread!

I presume that the effort in making the bread outweighed the retail market?

30 minutes ago, Kopek said:

There was a Radio 4 sketch, John Finnimore I think, on how many Arks would be required to keep the predators and predated apart! How did Noah do it??? 

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Does it? Does it really? 

Lions have turned from God by rejecting grass,

Another comedian that is/was, frankly, Biblically ignorant. Why couldn’t he read and digest the Bible? It clearly denotes they were all vegetarian. After the flood, when God then told man he could eat meat, predation then began.

I genuinely hope Noa doesn’t go out of business, particularly with all the criticism on here. I remember when they moved to their present premises, they celebrated by putting an edited picture of the Lord’s Supper with their faces superimposed on it, on their Facebook page. A Christian politely pointed out their wrongdoing but she was quickly rounded upon by the ignorant. I was going to mention about their hard crust bread back then in response but decided against it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Malik said:

Another comedian that is/was, frankly, Biblically ignorant. Why couldn’t he read and digest the Bible? It clearly denotes they were all vegetarian. After the flood, when God then told man he could eat meat, predation then began.

I genuinely hope Noa doesn’t go out of business, particularly with all the criticism on here. I remember when they moved to their present premises, they celebrated by putting an edited picture of the Lord’s Supper with their faces superimposed on it, on their Facebook page. A Christian politely pointed out their wrongdoing but she was quickly rounded upon by the ignorant. I was going to mention about their hard crust bread back then in response but decided against it.

So, why did the soon to be carnivores have canine teeth and claws?  Pretty useless for eating grass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

In what way is Noa bread "shite"?

Its expensive sure. It's also very filling, too filling sometimes, especially if you're a fan of bread being something to serve hot greasy bubbling cheese upon. But "shite"? Really?

Not enough care taken with it for me. Have tried it and, having paid the premium price for an artisan product, was not amused to find it full of ruddy great holes. Not good.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, why did the soon to be carnivores have canine teeth and claws?  Pretty useless for eating grass. 

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Take it easy on him???

They were soon to be, the answer is in the question. Anyway that’s enough Bible teaching tonight. Check out creationist websites if you hunger for more rational, sensible knowledge.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Not enough care taken with it for me. Have tried it and, having paid the premium price for an artisan product, was not amused to find it full of ruddy great holes. Not good.

Its proper sourdough though, like, it should be full of holes, thats kind of what its supposed to do?

• Haha 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Its proper sourdough though, like, it should be full of holes, thats kind of what its supposed to do?

Not if there are two big holes and it's impossible to slice because there is more hole than bread and nothing to put your bubbling cheese on. Been "unlucky" twice. Never again.

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Not if there are two big holes and it's impossible to slice because there is more hole than bread and nothing to put your bubbling cheese on. Been "unlucky" twice. Never again.

I know what you mean and all. and I'm no fan of noa bread myself, BUT proper well made sourdough bread come with holes because thats what happens, and that's my point. That product might not be to some peoples preferences, but it is in no way - as described by neil down  -"shite". 

Did sourdough in the 70's , not so crusty as now. So is the the currents fashion for super crusty a market requirement??? Like the grinion on a baguette is only fit for a teething baby~????

We didn't have Rationals in those days to inject steam into the cooking, so we had a softer crust.

I think that Ross had tried to get into the Sourdough market, did it fail to match ther Noa established market? Fail to be viable?

Whatever, wish them well in what they do next. Back to catering????

• Thanks 1

Have I missed a church or Living Hope closing?

Just with all this biblical chat. 

Also Ron Smiths Barbers in Castle Street has a Black Grace Cowley 'To Let' sign in the window. They do have the other one at the other end of the prom and are looking at moving into the old Paramount City when it's completed, so maybe don't have the capacity for all of that. 

Edited by jackwhite

14 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

In what way is Noa bread "shite"?

Its expensive sure. It's also very filling, too filling sometimes, especially if you're a fan of bread being something to serve hot greasy bubbling cheese upon. But "shite"? Really?

Yes shite... If I pay for a loaf at their prices, I expect it to have more bread and less holes. Not a quality product at all

• Like 1