Firm closing

finlo

18 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Yes shite... If I pay for a loaf at their prices, I expect it to have more bread and less holes. Not a quality product at all

If you don’t like Noa product, don’t buy it.   If you think it’s over-priced, don’t buy it.   If you think it’s inconsistent loaf to loaf, don’t buy it.   They’ll soon get the message…

Alternatively, just don’t buy sourdough loaves, where holes and batch to batch inconsistency is a known risk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jackwhite said:

Have I missed a church or Living Hope closing?

Just with all this biblical chat. 

Also Ron Smiths Barbers in Castle Street has a Black Grace Cowley 'To Let' sign in the window. They do have the other one at the other end of the prom and are looking at moving into the old Paramount City when it's completed, so maybe don't have the capacity for all of that. 

The lease is up on that shop and the lease went on the other shop by Dealz earlier on this year. Assume the owner is selling the property. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

The lease is up on that shop and the lease went on the other shop by Dealz earlier on this year. Assume the owner is selling the property. 

May still be in the offing, but you'd assume it would have a for sale sign too or instead of, if that were the case. 

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

If you don’t like Noa product, don’t buy it.   If you think it’s over-priced, don’t buy it.   If you think it’s inconsistent loaf to loaf, don’t buy it.   They’ll soon get the message…

Alternatively, just don’t buy sourdough loaves, where holes and batch to batch inconsistency is a known risk.

Why on earth would you think I buy it given my view on the product. Tried it - stopped buying it

On 7/26/2023 at 2:21 PM, jackwhite said:

May still be in the offing, but you'd assume it would have a for sale sign too or instead of, if that were the case. 

The agent says it’s lease assignment up to next year then fresh lease so assume they’ve ceased trading. Likely the two masked up Covid obsessed lunatics they have in there have put off a lot of customers to the point that it’s closing.

https://www.blackgracecowley.com/property/20-castle-street-douglas/

Edited by offshoremanxman

On 7/29/2023 at 9:04 AM, offshoremanxman said:

The agent says it’s lease assignment up to next year then fresh lease so assume they’ve ceased trading. Likely the two masked up Covid obsessed lunatics they have in there have put off a lot of customers to the point that it’s closing.

https://www.blackgracecowley.com/property/20-castle-street-douglas/

Perhaps the business owner is getting out of an £18k lease while still running their other shop on the promenade and developing new premises which will not have the same overheads. Also, perhaps the two experienced staff (who you have called lunatics) leaving the particular shop a month ago, as evidenced by changes to the shop opening hours on Facebook, makes it untenable to continue leasing that particular shop. 

On 7/25/2023 at 7:57 PM, Passing Time said:

That's a shame, their bread knocks the pants of Noah's shite

Noah is awful.  I'd rather buy Ramsey bread when it was available.

Ross is too 'cake' for me. Sweet and chewy.

Their Focaccia is about the only thing worth buying.