Firm closing

finlo

Mc Donald's Isle of Man is now charging  20p for ketchup sachets.

I suppose tough times call for tough measures.

Haven't been asked to pay for ketchup when I was across a few weeks ago 

Not sure if this is a local franchisee decision. 

Just now, mad_manx said:

Mc Donald's Isle of Man is now charging  20p for ketchup sachets.

I suppose tough times call for tough measures.

Haven't been asked to pay for ketchup when I was across a few weeks ago 

Not sure if this is a local franchisee decision. 

Quite a few months ago I was often visiting a friend in Noble's.  I would get us each a cup of tea from the cafe, but it was a Sunday so I got the tea from the machine on the first floor.  You paid extra for each spoonful of sugar.  I can't remember how much, 5p or something like that, but jesus christ (no capitals), how  bloody mercenary is that? 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite a few months ago I was often visiting a friend in Noble's.  I would get us each a cup of tea from the cafe, but it was a Sunday so I got the tea from the machine on the first floor.  You paid extra for each spoonful of sugar.  I can't remember how much, 5p or something like that, but jesus christ (no capitals), how  bloody mercenary is that? 

That was probably the sugar tax 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yep, I miss Ramsey Bakery thick Molenburg and their door stop French toast. But the bread I miss most, still, is Faragher’s Rough Brown Cob from Port St Mary

"Roberts" do a fair mega thick sliced, a la RB french toast, sadly you needs get it in a Spar shop,  😒

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Back on topic.... Barclays pulling out of 'Eagle Labs'. I always assumed DfE had some kind of hand in funding that one but who knows 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-business/eagle-lab-to-rebrand-as-barclays-steps-back/

The article confirms it did.

56 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Back on topic.... Barclays pulling out of 'Eagle Labs'. I always assumed DfE had some kind of hand in funding that one but who knows 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-business/eagle-lab-to-rebrand-as-barclays-steps-back/

I saw FOIs a while ago, dfe sunk £270k in to it and now the landlord of the property is taking control. Big win for him. He’s been getting rent for years and now gets a ready to go setup.

Edited by NoTailT

5 hours ago, Roxanne said:

On a point of order. It’s not ‘Noah’, it’s Noa. Pronounced, naaaw  

Noa is Manx for ‘new’. It signified the opening of a new bake house on the island and new careers for Pippa and Miles. How on earth it got from that to a biblical character on a boat full of animals is a mystery to me.

When I ate it, I preferred Ross’ sourdough over Noa any day. I never tried any of their others. I heartily agree with you that their focaccia is outstanding and miles (no pun intended) better than Noa’s. 

Ross’ pastel de nata are also excellent but retailing at £3.75 a piece when, in their country of origin, they retail at 48cents, is taking the mick. 

Love their pastel de nata so does my expanding waist...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Tis' what my wife buys in Harrogate.*

*It will taste better here because we are in Gods Own County and the water is all biblically blessed**

**Does not foam well in the shower.....

I hate hard water, probably my biggest regret of leaving the rock apart from the.........

Piss poor health service, Piss poor elderly care services, Piss poor mental Health Services, Piss poor education, Piss poor road safety, Piss poor small business development assistance, Piss poor air travel service, Piss poor control of government funded capital projects, Piss poor control of the Civil Service head count, Piss poor control of bullying in Civil Service, Piss poor grasp that the TT/ MGP are not a long term solution, Piss poor investment in sustainable business, Piss poor plan to pay off properly( PAY OFF), not just service multi million Bonds. Piss poor candidates at election time, Piss poor political system where no one MHK can make any difference, despite how hard they try, Piss poor election system where local "Celebs" get elected, Piss poor environmental policies that sees thousands of dead trees on main roads on the point of falling and killing people and yet no proper policy, Piss poor much stuff.

Having sad that the Island does have low crime, relative to inner city/ sink estates in the UK and, I cant think of anything else. It is not like that where I live and likely 75% of UK residents.

P.S. Wooley before you start it is SO SO much nicer here in North Yorkshire, in the Dales, I leave my cars unlocked like my house and I have a vibrant Pub food culture to enjoy on week days in the near market towns and Michelin places for special events a bit further afield.

This place is buzzing, the island is fizzling           

out

Yet here you are still moaning like a bitch...