Firm closing

finlo

The guys at Kiki's have applied to open a pavement cafe in Nelson Street, at the back of the Court House building. 

Open 9am to 1am 7 days a week. Doubt it will be that all the time. Interesting move all the same.

Believe it will be licensed too.

The new place I'm involved with hope to be opening this week. Red tape on the Isle of Man causing headaches, as it does with most businesses. Nothing major though.

Edited by jackwhite
Clarity

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

In that case there won’t be a restrictive covenant. You can’t create and put a covenant on a property you own.

I don't know exactly how it applies but all of these properties are up for sale with it being said they can't be used as public houses going forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure if mentioned previously but see Kurries & steaks are now in Bridge pub but no mention of steaks on menu.

Limited menu. 

They are everywhere at the moment and I don't imagine it's possible to extend the full menu everywhere. 

Don't think they're selling it as 'Kurries and Steaks' although it is the same people behind it.

40 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I don't know exactly how it applies but all of these properties are up for sale with it being said they can't be used as public houses going forward.

That May be how they are marketing. But for a covenant to be valid it must be created by two separate owners. In law they are called the dominant and servient. The one able to enforce and the one that can be enforced against. They can’t be the same person or entity.

The usual time of creation is on sale, imposed by vendor on purchaser. There are other means, and times. But there has to be a legal document with two separate parties.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

The guys at Kiki's have applied to open a pavement in Nelson Street, at the back of the Court House building. 

Open 9am to 1am 7 days a week. Doubt it will be that all the time. Interesting move all the same.

Believe it will be licensed too.

The new place I'm involved with hope to be opening this week. Red tape on the Isle of Man causing headaches, as it does with most businesses. Nothing major though.

I don't understand.  What do you mean, they are opening a pavement?  A pavement cafe?  Where exactly?  I wouldnt fancy sitting behind there near the carpark.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That May be how they are marketing. But for a covenant to be valid it must be created by two separate owners. In law they are called the dominant and servient. The one able to enforce and the one that can be enforced against. They can’t be the same person or entity.

The usual time of creation is on sale, imposed by vendor on purchaser. There are other means, and times. But there has to be a legal document with two separate parties.

No idea how it's done but it certainly has been in the past. 

Maybe as you say it's a case of created at time of sale and no one has the time, inclination or money to fight it. I certainly couldn't be bothered with it and wouldn't recommend it to any potential business owner in the trade either.

2 minutes ago, StrangeBrew said:

I don't understand.  What do you mean, they are opening a pavement?  A pavement cafe?  Where exactly?  I wouldnt fancy sitting behind there near the carpark.

Did mean to say pavement cafe, sorry. 

Nelson Street outside the premises.

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

JC's Bar (formerly Da Vinci's) gone. 

The least surprising closure ever. 

Blaming cost of living crisis but it wasn't well run IMO.

Yes would agree. Went in for cocktails after a visit to JP&P and the staff were terrible. Zero interest and minimal people in. Like 3. Even got my cocktail totally wrong and they only had two to deal with . As you say so not surprised.  . 

26 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes would agree. Went in for cocktails after a visit to JP&P and the staff were terrible. Zero interest and minimal people in. Like 3. Even got my cocktail totally wrong and they only had two to deal with . As you say so not surprised.  . 

Get you.

Cocktails. 😁

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Manxman1234 said:

See some work going on in central in Ramsey. Is this finally re opening? 

Word on the street is that Paulette is moving from the Royal to the Central which will be open for MGP. Gossip also says that the Barbary Coast will be running the Royal but nobody is sure whether they're buying it or leasing it. This is of course Ramsey pub gossip so its not exactly reliable.

• Like 1