Firm closing

finlo

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

Wasn't the M & S reason something like Packaging, in the end?

The B of Ag said, go for it , M&S said, maybe but in the end , No thanks?

I think I might support a D of Ag controlling somethings, like, no, you can't raise Beef Cattle, we have enough?

Get us growing what we need, not what Farmers Weekly says we need?

Ban live exports and then they can't say they were not warned?

No. DEFA said he couldn't process in his house. Processing was weighing and putting in punnets. So M&S said no thanks. 

He then sorted out DEFA but never went back to M&S.

He didn't sue DEFA. I got that wrong. He sued an advocate for poor advice. So the £100k was paid by the advocates insurers. So government were down £400,000 legal aid and the advocates insurance scheme shelled out £118,000.

My personal view is that Government should have sued the solicitor and barrister for certifying a good case that a man of moderate means would have pursued, no one except a Gubay, would pay £500,000 in legal fees for an £18,000 pay out.

The judgment is in the Manx Law Reports but not the on line version. Its too old and there is a copyright issue

• Thanks 1

500g dry stuff (flours, salt, sugar, yeast 7-10g's - seeds n things), roughly 300ml wet things (water, egg, oil, milk - whatever) - mix, knead, prove, knock back, put in tin, leave for second prove, bake (170-80 for 50 mins). The more whole grainy the flour the more sloppy you want your dough so add more water and flour your hands to handle the dough.

I never make the same loaf twice and always have fresh tasty bread, some loaves are more successful than others but I've never broken my teeth or made myself sick. Trying to make a totally delicious walnut bread at the moment, very hit or miss, maybe the walnut oil is a step too far.

I read somewhere that true bread is flour and water (possibly yeast also but I don't have a photographic memory & dont recall exactly), anything ese is a cake. 

• Like 4

So now we know they Ramsey Bakery is 100% closing at the end of April, what do you think will go in it’s place? It’s a big old factory with quite a prominent roadside position, will it be divided into smaller units? 

Then we have all the empty MR Bs shops, in places that we already have vacant shops.

11 hours ago, Kopek said:

In todays multi national , powerful companies, can we rely on whatever is actually a 'Free market'?

More than anything it's intervention by governments in the form of subsidiaries that cause such massive damage to markets.

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

So now we know they Ramsey Bakery is 100% closing at the end of April, what do you think will go in it’s place? It’s a big old factory with quite a prominent roadside position, will it be divided into smaller units? 

Then we have all the empty MR Bs shops, in places that we already have vacant shops.

Dandara flats..... has a closed doors deal been agreed?

13 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Dandara flats..... has a closed doors deal been agreed?

I can’t see that happening, hopefully it will stay as commercial/industrial, if they wanted to build flats they’d be better pulling down the likes of Gladstone Industrial Estate.

3 hours ago, 2bees said:

500g dry stuff (flours, salt, sugar, yeast 7-10g's - seeds n things), roughly 300ml wet things (water, egg, oil, milk - whatever) - mix, knead, prove, knock back, put in tin, leave for second prove, bake (170-80 for 50 mins). The more whole grainy the flour the more sloppy you want your dough so add more water and flour your hands to handle the dough.

I never make the same loaf twice and always have fresh tasty bread, some loaves are more successful than others but I've never broken my teeth or made myself sick. Trying to make a totally delicious walnut bread at the moment, very hit or miss, maybe the walnut oil is a step too far.

I read somewhere that true bread is flour and water (possibly yeast also but I don't have a photographic memory & dont recall exactly), anything ese is a cake. 

You need somewhere warm in the house to do this!

5 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Their Mr B's outlet in Bowring Rd in Ramsey (opposite the EVF station) must have already been empty for a good ten years although there were workmen in there a few months ago doing a refit of sorts. The other outlet in St Paul's Sq in Ramsey will sadly leave another unit empty down there.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Their Mr B's outlet in Bowring Rd in Ramsey (opposite the EVF station) must have already been empty for a good ten years although there were workmen in there a few months ago doing a refit of sorts. The other outlet in St Paul's Sq in Ramsey will sadly leave another unit empty down there.

At least 10 years, closer to 15 I would suggest.

• Like 2