Firm closing

finlo

Then we all started going for Indian meals after a few drinks,  in the 1980's, and that story went round.... a true story btw, it was a true story.....about your friend's next door neighbour who had an upset stomach after going for an Indian, and had to go to hospital and they did tests on her stomach contents and there were thirteen ... 13 ....different samples of sperm found.

Blah blah

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Then we all started going for Indian meals after a few drinks,  in the 1980's, and that story went round.... a true story btw, it was a true story.....about your friend's next door neighbour who had an upset stomach after going for an Indian, and had to go to hospital and they did tests on her stomach contents and there were thirteen ... 13 ....different samples of sperm found.

Blah blah

Typical Peel night out. 

• Haha 2

Chips n peas, the peas need toi be separate from the chips or the chips will be mushy? \morer elike boiled than deep fried?

A bit like chips cheese n gravy, at 2am, hid the undercooked chips underneath and became the standard for chips cooking that is now unquestioned!!!

10 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

I do miss a plain loaf.  A denser bread was never seen - and the perfect size and shape for lorne sausage (better not start that argument again!).

Still widely available here on the west coast of Scotland, although it goes stale before you get it back from the shop more often than not!

Edited by lethargy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Omobono said:

There was one  Chippy  in Windsor road Douglas  owned by Maggie Spits

Vague memory of it. My Father used to tell a story about a character who slipped on the chips outside her shop and the argument that ensued! Much padded out.

I see from a FB post that the Truth tapas/restaurant in Ramsey are now seeking a buyer as the current owners "seek to move their concept" to Douglas. Let's hope that any new owner can keep the current business going as it appears to be well-patronised.

11 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

I do miss a plain loaf.  A denser bread was never seen - and the perfect size and shape for lorne sausage (better not start that argument again!).

M&S do a scots plain loaf, my teuchter pals swear by it 😋

• Haha 1