Firm closing

finlo

35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I see from a FB post that the Truth tapas/restaurant in Ramsey are now seeking a buyer as the current owners "seek to move their concept" to Douglas. Let's hope that any new owner can keep the current business going as it appears to be well-patronised.

Problem being in Ramsey is it’s dead in winter & most of summer in evenings, more chance of success in Douglas but already 2 in close proximity but both seem busy

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I see from a FB post that the Truth tapas/restaurant in Ramsey are now seeking a buyer as the current owners "seek to move their concept" to Douglas. Let's hope that any new owner can keep the current business going as it appears to be well-patronised.

Same happened with Pizza Napoli, they established a very successful business in Ramsey and then ruined it by opening one in Douglas and putting all their effort/attention into that instead, effectively abandoning Ramsey and all those that helped make it happen, thankfully Pizza Nista have swept up all those customers and appear to be doing an absolute roaring trade at the weekend.

‘Truth’ is at least trying to lease or sell the Ramsey operation but I still think it’s a smack in the face for all the loyal customers that helped support the business initially. Time and time again you see businesses trying to expand into Douglas, yes it’s a bigger pond but equally much bigger fish, it will very quickly either fly or die.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Same happened with Pizza Napoli, they established a very successful business in Ramsey and then ruined it by opening one in Douglas and putting all their effort/attention into that instead, effectively abandoning Ramsey and all those that helped make it happen, thankfully Pizza Nista have swept up all those customers and appear to be doing an absolute roaring trade at the weekend.

There’s still a lot of ill feeling in Ramsey towards Pizza Napoli about this. 

We never forget.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There’s still a lot of ill feeling in Ramsey towards Pizza Napoli about this. 

We never forget.

Had a couple of Pizzas from Pizza Napoli as just live down the road from them in Douglas. Not impressed tbh but really like Truth the few times been there on nights out in Ramsey. Will def check them out if they move to Douglas.

44 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Had a couple of Pizzas from Pizza Napoli as just live down the road from them in Douglas. Not impressed tbh but really like Truth the few times been there on nights out in Ramsey. Will def check them out if they move to Douglas.

You always need to ask them to leave them in a couple more minutes. I don't know why but they take them out too early and then when you get them home they have soggy bottoms. 

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You always need to ask them to leave them in a couple more minutes. I don't know why but they take them out too early and then when you get them home they have soggy bottoms. 

Totally this. I actually emailed them to complain and the answer was not acceptable so told him you’ve lost a customer. Yes a couple more minutes would make the difference . Sadly he doesn’t listen. 

35 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

heard some cracking reviews of this Jack

That’s pleasing. They’re both busting their asses. I can testify as I was sat on mine watching drinking whisky 😂 

Pleasing to hear that though and the reaction seems to be positive. 

29 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Cigars are evil shit though.

Everything in moderation. I had one at the weekend that I thought was going to claim my lungs 😂 

• Like 1

Does it cater for cigarette smokers too? ( Never got on with cigars)

After a decade or more of abstinence  ( after being hounded out of similar premises) I am quite tempted to indulge in the odd social ciggy or two if the environment is smoker friendly. ( outdoor area if I have been advised correctly)

In which case I would be happy to support them and pay a premium for the beer if necessary.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Does it cater for cigarette smokers too? ( Never got on with cigars)

After a decade or more of abstinence  ( after being hounded out of similar premises) I am quite tempted to indulge in the odd social ciggy or two if the environment is smoker friendly. ( outdoor area if I have been advised correctly)

In which case I would be happy to support them and pay a premium for the beer if necessary.

I don’t think it will be an issue unless they’re over run. 

• Like 1

You have to wish any new business well and I hope they do well..............

...but why a 'theme', what happened to Fri nite out, beer at 2.20 a pint and vodka 1.75??? or whatever.

Why does it have to be Tiki cocktails and cigars?

Do the majority of customers actually have a Tiki cocktail or a cigar???? Or is a pint and a Chardonnay?

Still, wish them the best.