Firm closing

finlo

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Will the craft beers have a head on them? I always find it odd that the British  don't accept the foam to be part of the pint? A lot of 'foreign' pumps have a foam setting, I'm not a beer drinker but isn't the froth part of the beer???

The head should be an integral part of the beer. It captures the aromas better, and given the high hopping in a lot of craft beers, I'd have thought most people would want this as part of the experience.

Simple answer is, yes, all beers are served with a head. However I have already overhead one guy demanding it's 'topped up' as it's served with a head. 

• Like 1

I had to go in to Curry’s yesterday.   Not my choice.  

It had the feel of a shop about to shut up.   Blokes wandering about with clipboards, sod all on the shelves, staff not giving a shit - (although that did appear to be the only normal thing in there).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

I had to go in to Curry’s yesterday.   Not my choice.  

It had the feel of a shop about to shut up.   Blokes wandering about with clipboards, sod all on the shelves, staff not giving a shit - (although that did appear to be the only normal thing in there).

It's been the same since I moved here a number of years ago. 

Not been to one in the UK for even longer so can't say whether it's just our one or if they are all like that now. 

Trying to find a staff member who actually knows any specifications of what you want to buy is even harder.

1 hour ago, jackwhite said:

It's been the same since I moved here a number of years ago. 

Not been to one in the UK for even longer so can't say whether it's just our one or if they are all like that now. 

Trying to find a staff member who actually knows any specifications of what you want to buy is even harder.

The hard sell of insurance when you try to buy something  also puts me off 

The home delivery / installation process is good though when I got a washer dryer last year.  

They did an excellent job but it's different staff anyway. 

Checked with a few local retailers but none of them had what I wanted. 

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

This is going to leave a lot of people unhappy. I've been a supporter of Secret Pizza since their inception. We've even collaborated on occasions. Sad news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Where is this in Castletown?  Intrigued by the reference to the old morgue. 

never been past the fairy bridge obviously.

It is in the old mortuary building. 

Castletown is the ancient capital of IoM

Castletown is past the fairy bridge.

• Like 1