Firm closing

finlo

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I think this 3 times a week is exaggerated to say the least

Not exaggerated at all. It's not a regular thing, just so happened I had 3 things on this week and I was just making the observation that in every place visited it was very busy. And no, I'm not connected to the government in any way as has been inferred.

2 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Not exaggerated at all. It's not a regular thing, just so happened I had 3 things on this week and I was just making the observation that in every place visited it was very busy. And no, I'm not connected to the government in any way as has been inferred.

Being a bank manager must pay well though.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I will eventually go to the new bar Jack White is touting in dirty Douglas, and I will order a can of stupidly strong imperial stout knowing it will cost £££, but it will still be more expensive than I already expect and I will leave annoyed and never go again feeling i've been scalped.

Nice to start with an open mind though.😀

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Nice to start with an open mind though.😀

I really like stupidly strong imperial stouts, and they are difficult to buy locally. And they cost a lot. And I will go there and buy one.

But there is and always will be a price point for any product at which someone is taking the piss. We will see.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I will eventually go to the new bar Jack White is touting in dirty Douglas, and I will order a can of stupidly strong imperial stout knowing it will cost £££, but it will still be more expensive than I already expect and I will leave annoyed and never go again feeling i've been scalped

Don’t go, then - I don’t believe that it’s compulsory.

53 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yeah I can't afford to eat out often. But on top of the actual cost, there is also for me the feeling of value for money. I've not got my head around this inflated world yet, and I just feel like I'm getting ripped off everywhere, so rather than suck it up I just outright refuse to spend. When me and the boy head out for the day instead of considering going for lunch somewhere I'll take a packed one with me, I'm not paying £9 for a tuna sandwich and a can of pop for him, absolutely sod off, it just isn't worth it. 

I know exactly what you mean. The last time I went out to dinner was two years ago at Vellika’s in Ramsey and the time before that was at the Swiss Chalet. :) It’s just not something I can manage with my budget and I’d rather spend my money on other things. Being zero carb also doesn’t lend itself  to eating out much either but even so, being a good cook, I feel ripped off having to pay three times as much for something I can cook for myself, better, at home. Horses for courses and all that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

Even if you believe that you will be scalped, leave feeling annoyed and never go again?  Above and beyond the call of duty, I would have thought.

I might be surprised. I might get a 13% Russian Imperial and a White Owl Cigar for £20 and sit there for an hour, in which case I'd be back on here to tell you all how great it was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:
4 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Even if you believe that you will be scalped, leave feeling annoyed and never go again?  Above and beyond the call of duty, I would have thought.

I might be surprised. I might get a 13% Russian Imperial and a White Owl Cigar for £20 and sit there for an hour, in which case I'd be back on here to tell you all how great it was.

I am now genuinely interested to read your review, either way! 

• Like 1

Just now, Jarndyce said:

I am now genuinely interested to read your review, either way! 

Trips to Douglas for a drink are rare. There's a small possibility it might be Friday 1st if I go to watch Kinrage at the Villa.

And talking of being ripped off - the drink prices at the Villa are absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I will eventually go to the new bar Jack White is touting in dirty Douglas, and I will order a can of stupidly strong imperial stout knowing it will cost £££, but it will still be more expensive than I already expect and I will leave annoyed and never go again feeling i've been scalped.

Yes, that's exactly how l would feel. 😄