Firm closing

finlo

45 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I might be surprised. I might get a 13% Russian Imperial and a White Owl Cigar for £20 and sit there for an hour, in which case I'd be back on here to tell you all how great it was.

I am a little confused, if you purchase a cigar (cheap to some) how could you smoke it, unless you take it home and smoke it? Also sitting there for an hour nursing a drink (albeit an expensive spirit drink), I wish the business the very best of luck.

57 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I know exactly what you mean. The last time I went out to dinner was two years ago at Vellika’s in Ramsey and the time before that was at the Swiss Chalet. :) It’s just not something I can manage with my budget and I’d rather spend my money on other things. Being zero carb also doesn’t lend itself  to eating out much either but even so, being a good cook, I feel ripped off having to pay three times as much for something I can cook for myself, better, at home. Horses for courses and all that. 

You are not the only person with that outlook.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I am a little confused, if you purchase a cigar (cheap to some) how could you smoke it, unless you take it home and smoke it? Also sitting there for an hour nursing a drink (albeit an expensive spirit drink), I wish the business the very best of luck.

You seem more than a little confused.

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I might be surprised. I might get a 13% Russian Imperial and a White Owl Cigar for £20 and sit there for an hour, in which case I'd be back on here to tell you all how great it was.

With the price of cigars, you're going to be disappointed. Very hard to pick up a decent one for under £20 these days, let alone including a 13% imperial stout. 

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

There is a courtyard area at the back for smoking cigars. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blade Runner said:

Of course you can make food at home of similar if not better quality - if you are a good cook.

That is not the point of going to a restaurant or similar.

If you want food cheaper than you cam make it at home you better go to one of the Stans in Asia

No, the point is to have a social occasion, without the hassle of cooking and clearing up, but you would like the food to be enjoyable.  

• Like 3

On 8/20/2023 at 10:44 AM, TheTeapot said:

I will eventually go to the new bar Jack White is touting in dirty Douglas, and I will order a can of stupidly strong imperial stout knowing it will cost £££, but it will still be more expensive than I already expect and I will leave annoyed and never go again feeling i've been scalped.

You must be an absolute fucking joy to go out with. You are Victor Meldrew...

• Haha 4

Rum Baba’s. Another new restaurant and bar.  Sounds interesting although the social media stuff is all a bit vague and doesn’t even say which town yet.

Good places are opening and doing well, poor places are closing.  I can strongly recommend the Turkish Eggs at White Tiger Cafe in Ramsey which is another new venture that really deserves to do well.