Firm closing

finlo

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

TT brings 34 million to the Island’s Economy

Economic Impact Study

Economy Boost of 39 million.

As usual, you’re opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble. 

Do you believe the figures stated from the Cabinet Office whose staff need good figures to keep their jobs?

As I said.

Ask for a whole island business consultation about how they "prosper" over the 3 main death events.

5 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Depends how long the process takes and if it is transferable or has to be returned to the DoE. After all, if some 3rd rate fly by night company gets the contract and we end up with a bunch of low quality tatt next year. Presumably the procurement process must have some sort of quaiity control to protect the brand.

After all that is where tee value of the brand and the contract lies. 

Probably end up as some last minute panic and tax payers money being thrown at it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

According to report on MR yesterday they are unaffected and working on next year's design.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tts-merchandise-supplier-issues-clarification-after-part-of-the-group-ceases-trading/

2 hours ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Bloody hell, Ebaneezer wants to ban Christmas now too - can't have people enjoying themselves, it interferes with me profits.

What about Easter, that's a death fest too, that'll have to go.

No wonder his labourers would rather go on the piss than work for him, it's nothing to do with the TT.

Bah Humbug!

You'll be crucified for that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This is what I was saying last week

There may be a select clique of business that does well out of the death races but most local, year round companies who employ people on decent money 52 weeks a year are very badly effected.

Christmas shutdown on my old IOM company hit us about March the following year.

The TT shutdown did similar in August, the MGP had much less effect but still a week without the same way of making money.

Even down to the labourers not turning up, because they had got in the "TT mood" and got pissed, it hits multiple IOM construction and blue collar companies outside the white collar ones, that likely have the "gov" ears.

The Mainland has this shutdown effect after Christmas, IOM based companies have this twice and a half worse.

IF your "gov" did a simple consultation to island based business asking 

• A) The TT/ MGP / S100 make our business make money
  • B) The TT/ MGP / S100 make our business loose money

I would bet the latter, B,  would have far, far more Yes answers.

Discuss without flaming if that is possible?

For example, is that "business" for TT, MGP/ S100 businesses' worth the 10 lives lost with horrific injuries? Since the lockdown?

The loss of hospital appointments, the spend on painting road kerbs, the cost of putting out straw bales, the cost of - Year Round - Not having Cats Eyes on the main road on the rock?

It is an 1950s throwback that retards seem to think is okay in the 21st century

many businesses that do well out of the road racing events only tick over or make small losses the rest of the year and the boost the racing events gives them makes them viable so at the end of the year they are in profit.  but for everyone else who makes a profit most the year and may earn less due to racing disruption can't cope with a couple of weeks of reduced income??   also traditionally  the building trade shut down for TT , now many work where they can which wasn't the case back then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-business/businesses-express-frustrations-over-mgp-trade/

Maybe families are all spent up with school holidays or just don't want the faff of 'will they wont they' of the roads being open. Uncertainty for businesses  is a real headache. Do you open in the hope you'll get trade to cover the costs and risk taking a loss or close and save most of the costs and the uncertainty for staff and cuistomers?

From MR: 

Truffle Struffyl - a coffee, chocolate and sweet treat shop in Ramsey - responded saying: “This needs talking about.”

They revealed that due to the location of the business people had presumed they ‘would be busy’ but they weren’t adding: “I am not sure where people are going.”

They're in spitting distance from Parliament Square so should pick up some trade, even if they put some effort in for take-out coffees and a sandwich. I drive past that place every day and it's empty, mind you it looks about as inviting as a Colonoscopy waiting room, so I'm not surprised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2