Firm closing

finlo

9 minutes ago, emesde said:

Had a walk down Ridgeway St this morning. Passed VIbe. Wouldn't have known it was a restaurant. It looks like a florists. Plants and shrubs completely cover the front and much of the pavement plus an old bike that seems to be the centrepiece of this green display

I realise it sells plant based food but really this just looks ridiculous. 

I can fully understand why no one goes in. 🤣 

It’s packed when open, if you’re a vegetarian then you know it’s there. 

1 hour ago, emesde said:

Had a walk down Ridgeway St this morning. Passed VIbe. Wouldn't have known it was a restaurant. It looks like a florists. Plants and shrubs completely cover the front and much of the pavement plus an old bike that seems to be the centrepiece of this green display

I think Vibe has its own regular clientele and probably does't pick up a lot of additional business during the race weeks. That said, it's the only dedicated vegan place on the Island now and so, race weeks or not, if you're vegan and want a meal out then this is where you would head so it's disappointing to see that it's closed on the last bank holiday of the year when the Island is so busy.

Similarly, here’s the other place in Ramsey earlier today with the name that no-one can remember. BF26B9BC-39AA-4569-B6ED-4F63983A77C7.thumb.jpeg.f4b6bd10b079e1ea397476146f910343.jpeg

Bank Holiday Monday and with at least 300 people just 200 metres away waiting for the races to start and, it’s shut. 

Here’s the thing. If you want to shut on one of the busiest Mondays of the year then fine, but don’t whine on media outlets about not getting custom. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

He’s also Ramsey Commissioner - ARRRRFFFFFFF

Deputy Chairperson no less, and who seems to spend a lot of time criticising other commisrioners who give up their spare time for no recompense in order to bring business to the town and who then, as you say complains about ‘losing money’ over it  

Anyone could be forgiven for thinking it’s personal. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Similarly, here’s the other place in Ramsey earlier today with the name that no-one can remember. BF26B9BC-39AA-4569-B6ED-4F63983A77C7.thumb.jpeg.f4b6bd10b079e1ea397476146f910343.jpeg

Bank Holiday Monday and with at least 300 people just 200 metres away waiting for the races to start and, it’s shut. 

Here’s the thing. If you want to shut on one of the busiest Mondays of the year then fine, but don’t whine on media outlets about not getting custom. 

Exactly this! With 'The Hutch' (which is excellent btw) having to shut because of position during races, this place could take that custom during racing/practices. Forget the chocolate truffles for a few days and serve some takeaway coffees and nice bacon/sausage baps etc - Hire someone to take a few flyers, and free samples the 50m it is to your customers. Even a good hearty soup or stew with nice bread rolls is mega profitable.

Or moan at home and earn nothing.

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

It's haunted by an old lady in an animal print top (how Ramsey is that!)Capture.thumb.JPG.985096a3080dde92b22062c0ebddf83a.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emesde said:

Went into Vibe for a meal a little while ago out of curiosity more than anything else. I love a steak as much as the next carnivore. Have to say I was surprised just how much I enjoyed the food. Really tasty burger. Will definitely go back. It was packed the night we were in. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Went into Vibe for a meal a little while ago out of curiosity more than anything else. I love a steak as much as the next carnivore. Have to say I was surprised just how much I enjoyed the food. Really tasty burger. Will definitely go back. It was packed the night we were in. 

You can take my turn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

How is it that veggies are so great, that so much effort is made to make them taste and look like meat products?  🤔

Ooo, this sirloin steak could easily be processed to look and taste like Ratatouille, said no one of my aquaintance 😖

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2