Firm closing

finlo

5 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

Maybe 60-year-old bikers are not the right demographic for a Tofu and Quinoa salad?

Bacon sarnie and a mug of tea? Probably.

I mean I agree but it's hard to say MGP tourism is good for business if it's specific to campsites and bacon bap shops with no spillover to other businesses whilst disrupting trade across 2/3rds of the Island.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

To be vegetarian is a noble thing, and if presenting food as a meat substitute promotes such consumption then there's the reasoning right there. 

I see nothing noble in it at all, and imho the reasoning is vague, making no sense at all but to the afficondos. Why pretend it's meat when it isnt?  Vegetaian sausage should be labelled " processed vegatables the same shape as a real sausage"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mollag said:

I see nothing noble in it at all, and imho the reasoning is vague, making no sense at all but to the afficondos. Why pretend it's meat when it isnt?  Vegetaian sausage should be labelled " processed vegatables the same shape as a real sausage"

Nothing beats a real sausage 

• Like 1

Vegetarian food in proper vegetarian restaurants is normally excellent, and ignorant meatheads who look down on it because it isnt a dead cow are utterly stupid.

When cooking with meat, the flavour is in the fat. This allows chefs to be lazy and unambitious. Cooking professionally without meat requires intelligence and effort, to create the flavours.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Vegetarian food in proper vegetarian restaurants is normally excellent, and ignorant meatheads who look down on it because it isnt a dead cow are utterly stupid.

When cooking with meat, the flavour is in the fat. This allows chefs to be lazy and unambitious. Cooking professionally without meat requires intelligence and effort, to create the flavours.

best lasagne i ever had was a veggie one

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It could also be a dead little lamb, delicious, could you do ersatz little lamb made with wonderful veggies?.

A veggie burger is to a real burger what camp coffee is to bean coffee, why bother, it's bogus

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mollag said:

It could also be a dead little lamb, delicious, could you do ersatz little lamb made with wonderful veggies?.

A veggie burger is to a real burger what camp coffee is to bean coffee, why bother, it's bogus

It's like you've read my post and somehow completely missed the point of it. 

Probably the meat.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's like you've read my post and somehow completely missed the point of it. 

Probably the meat.

As you missed mine and started the guilt tripping and ignorant meat eater nonsense, my query was and is, why pretend vegetarian products are as meat ones, say it as it is Vegetable Lasagne, not pretend meat sauce lasagne.

I do like Vegetable lasagne and curry , why pretend that it is actually like meat ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

best lasagne i ever had was a veggie one

Well it wasn’t a lasagne without meat mince

.In the same way that you can’t have beef stroganoff  without the beef ,or chicken Kiev without the chicken.

But I guess in the scheme of things if you want to call it thus it doesn’t really matter.

I am not a vegetarian but have respect for those who are, whether that be for moral or health reasons. 

As long as they are not aggressive in trying to impose their own views upon me. ( Like a lot of cyclists do)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mollag said:

As you missed mine and started the guilt tripping and ignorant meat eater nonsense, my query was and is, why pretend vegetarian products are as meat ones, say it as it is Vegetable Lasagne, not pretend meat sauce lasagne.

I do like Vegetable lasagne and curry , why pretend that it is actually like meat ?

I don't personally eat some of the things pretending to be meat. A non-meat burger that bleeds, what the fuck is that even made of? Something weird developed in a lab.

Saying that though, vegetarian black pudding is very good.