Firm closing

finlo

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I fed my dog plant food smoky bacon rashers this week, and he gave me such a look and sniffed it.  l don't think he was convinced; that's not his usual reaction to food; he normally wolfs it down. :)

Why would you feed a dog ultra processed weird shit, sounds like your are hoping it will die and you have plausable denial of harm.

Just now, Jarndyce said:

Might be the nicest thing anyone’s ever called Vibes…

He likes to shock, doesn't he or she? I rather took exception to the comments. My dog is usually fed  a diet of roast chicken, rice, french beans, carrots and cauliflower and many other vegetables cooked daily  his dinner. He has a high-vitamin dog based biscuit for breakfast, followed by a thinly sliced banana for lunch. He is exercised three times daily, walking 4 to 5 miles each time. He has a weekly dose gut bacteria for dogs, weekly cod liver oil.  I think l'm a fairly good dog owner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

I believe that animal-food processors employ tasters. And that the products have to be fit for human consumption. Who'd do that?

Think it was Inside the Factory or something similar, maybe with that shouting imbecile, Greg Wallace. 

I'm not sure l would eat mass-produced dog food; it looks and smells yucky! 😕 

Just now, Kopek said:

Lily, you have such an innocent response tp MF. Long may the cynicism not get to you!

\stay true to your heart.

I'm not sure what you mean. hahaha 😜.  Thank you.  l know you all like taking the piss out of me,. But l really don't mind :D 

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't personally eat some of the things pretending to be meat. A non-meat burger that bleeds, what the fuck is that even made of? Something weird developed in a lab.

Saying that though, vegetarian black pudding is very good.

Black pudding is predominantly made from blood so in essence it’s just a vegetarian pudding 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, manxchester said:

It doesn’t help that they just seem to shut whenever the mood takes them. Tried to take our daughter there twice to get a hot chocolate, both times been shut with no notification on any of their socials, won’t be trying it again.

Common problem here ..   I know that things happen at the last minute and sometimes closures cannot be avoided..

But they should at least post this on their social media.

The successful ones always do this..

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Isn't burger a contraction of Hamburger relating to a German 'beef patty'? Americans have further used it to describe minced beef in any form? It's convenient for us to refer to the shape as being any content but the French win out with their term 'patie', probably many years older than the German use?

A wise caterer[Don Slee] once told me that "Hamburger" is actuall "Hamburg Steak" a skit on the poor folk of Hamburg, likewise a "Vienna Steak" made with fillet steak, was about the wealthy Viennese who could use the finest cuts as mince. A bit like Glasgow caviar--mince and taties.

• Like 1