Firm closing

finlo

38 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

That it’s not closing down.

Christ, do you need a facebook announcement to let you know that your usual lunchtime stodge is not available??? You must surely have other alternatives in your memory bank???

''Oh my God, pat a cake is closed, where wilI I get something to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!'', ''I'm going to starve''!!!.

Bloody snowflake!!!! (hope that's the correct term???).

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Christ, do you need a facebook announcement to let you know that your usual lunchtime stodge is not available??? You must surely have other alternatives in your memory bank???

''Oh my God, pat a cake is closed, where wilI I get something to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!'', ''I'm going to starve''!!!.

Bloody snowflake!!!! (hope that's the correct term???).

You’re an angry man sometimes. 

Some of the same people in here were criticising the truffle place the other day for lack of communication/opening yet it’s ok for this business not to tell anyone because they usually go away at this time. How many people do you actually think know this? I’ve been here over 10 years and had no idea. 

From past experience, many newcomers have arrived here to show us how it  should be done, they've bought their BMWs and Range Rovers and then promptly closed down, probably  negotiated to keep the cars  while the business folds!!!! With debts???

... ant yet Jack supposes he will be different?

This new cigar and rum place? Will it still exist in two years time? They may change their approach, forget the cigar/ rum approach \and tryt to be a late night meeting point but they will be for from the original concept, in fact, they will just be another night time bar competing with Robert for the 'personal' touch???

Just now, jackwhite said:

They don’t. 

Well they should.

I have a particular gripe with Pat a Cake and have spoken to someone who had the exact same gripe.

They have/ had rolls wrapped in cling film with a little sticky on them saying “ tuna and mayonnaise “.

Fine, I like tuna and mayonnaise so bought one for lunch.

Took it  back to the office and unwrapped it.

Lo and behold not only did it contain tuna and mayonnaise but also sweet corn of which there was no mention.I despise sweet corn, so spent a fair amount of time divesting the roll of sweetcorn ( not easy when it clings to mayonnaise ).

Why couldn’t they include sweet corn in the list of contents? Shows total contempt for their customers. ( never mind if they have a sweetcorn allergy)

Needless to say I have never set foot in there again since that episode.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well they should.

I have a particular gripe with Pat a Cake and have spoken to someone who had the exact same gripe.

They have/ had rolls wrapped in cling film with a little sticky on them saying “ tuna and mayonnaise “.

Fine, I like tuna and mayonnaise so bought one for lunch.

Took it  back to the office and unwrapped it.

Lo and behold not only did it contain tuna and mayonnaise but also sweet corn of which there was no mention.I despise sweet corn, so spent a fair amount of time divesting the roll of sweetcorn ( not easy when it clings to mayonnaise ).

Why couldn’t they include sweet corn in the list of contents? Shows total contempt for their customers. ( never mind if they have a sweetcorn allergy)

Needless to say I have never set foot in there again since that episode.

They’ve had a shit sign in the window for years drawn by a child advertising Welsh Dragon Baps - false advertising at its finest.

I’ve never seen a dragon but it would probably provide some good steaks - however I’d rather be a Vegan than eat anything Welsh - uggghhhhh

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Jeesus well funking well christ, is it it any that wonder that carerers  dont give you any credence?

If you don't want sweetcorn in your tuna mayo. don't order tuna mayo, is that hard to understand~????

Yes it is.

Like saying if you don’t want tomato in your cheese and onion sandwich don’t order a cheese and onion sandwich.

Idiot

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kopek said:

From past experience, many newcomers have arrived here to show us how it  should be done, they've bought their BMWs and Range Rovers and then promptly closed down, probably  negotiated to keep the cars  while the business folds!!!! With debts???

... ant yet Jack supposes he will be different?

This new cigar and rum place? Will it still exist in two years time? They may change their approach, forget the cigar/ rum approach \and tryt to be a late night meeting point but they will be for from the original concept, in fact, they will just be another night time bar competing with Robert for the 'personal' touch???

You have no idea what you’re talking about with your slightly racist approach. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

The owners are very humble. They actually oppose the ‘exclusivity’ that some people pitch whisky and cigars at making it very accessible. 

It’s not a ‘cigar and rum’ thing. They’ve poured 700 pints of craft beer in a couple of weeks. The whisky is also doing well. Their cigars are sold out before even being received. 

If you’re going to be a critic at least understand what you’re attempting to undermine. 

Competing with Robert 🤣 honestly clueless

Bit OTT, Jack white is jus trying to be the saviour of Manx catering and bar  creation, that he dosn't understand the 'local' market should not be bheld against him? Poor fool!

M\any new concepts will not survive the local market requirements, that Jack has not realised this is not any different to many fools before him!!!

22 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Bit OTT, Jack white is jus trying to be the saviour of Manx catering and bar  creation, that he dosn't understand the 'local' market should not be bheld against him? Poor fool!

M\any new concepts will not survive the local market requirements, that Jack has not realised this is not any different to many fools before him!!!

I understand the local market better than you clearly.

You have a view of it 15 years ago when people wanted a cheap drink and little else.

Now you have a very mixed demographic with people who have travelled the world and realised there’s much more than that. 

I literally consult on opening bars worldwide. 

You on the other hand are what? Retired hospitality on IOM? 

You also seem very racist to people not from here with ideas and willing to do anything different. Embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

.....and will they sell out in Nov, Dec Jack?

Be realistic!

Well they’ve just sold out their next allocation. You’re also questioning the Christmas period for cigars? 😂 your cigar selling experience is what exactly?

• Like 2

Zero actually Jack, I was much more concentrated on the food offering!!!

you and I can continue to confer on what makes a Manx outlet successful?

The fact is that over the years I have seen so many 'consultants' get the market wrong to the detriment of the local market even if the protagonists come away with a BMW!!!!

What do you drive Jack???