Firm closing

finlo

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Zero actually Jack, I was much more concentrated on the food offering!!!

you and I can continue to confer on what makes a Manx outlet successful?

The fact is that over the years I have seen so many 'consultants' get the market wrong to the detriment of the local market even if the protagonists come away with a BMW!!!!

What do you drive Jack???

I don’t drive anything. Don’t need a car.

They don’t do food. There are plans to do but not until next year.

That said there are plenty wet only pubs doing just fine on the Isle of Man. 

I’ve also consulted on a number of projects here which have done just fine. But you continue playing armchair consultant as you clearly know better. 

9 minutes ago, Kopek said:

They'll not survive as a rum and cigar place, perhaps a beer and chardonnay place but for how long Jack?

Stay in touch Jack, let us know why it has failed and your part in their downfall?

Do please Jack.

Again it’s not a ‘rum and cigar’ place. 

They’ve sold over 700 pints of craft beer in two weeks yet you continue to ignore that. They have also sold a substantial amount of whiskey. Yes also a lot of rum and cigars. It literally says in their logo ‘craft beer and spirits’. 

You clearly don’t want it to succeed. Other than them not being Manx (hence you being racist) why is that? 

Jack, you have spent weeks on Mf promoting them as a rum n cigar place, you have claimed 'consultancy' credit for their offering, as I say, if they fail on your advice to do this successfully  will you be honest enough to admit your failure to them as a consultant to them???

I don't think you will be Jack, you'll be somewhere else trying to convince some other business to follow your advice!!!

Jack, you recently poo poo'd the vegan offering at a outlet, yet not so long ago you were defending the vegan outlet at the P Luis building, they were so successful that they had to leave the Island!!!.

Which were you a consultant to?

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

Where else have you been a consultant to abar set up Jack???

You need help and a life. 

I made a joke about the vegan place. Probably not something you’d understand. I haven’t been involved in any capacity with either. The one in the Peter luis building was the same people. 

I’m not entertaining you any longer. My work is little to do with businesses opening on the Isle of Man. Certainly nothing to do with any closing. You should set up in hospitality yourself as you’re clearly so knowledgeable. 

Is your anger just against ‘come overs’ is it? People such as yourself are the type to complain you don’t have anything here and in the same breath try and run down anything which does open hiding behind your keyboard. You certainly wouldn’t be brave enough to do it in person. All the while what are you doing? Absolutely nothing. 

Edited by jackwhite
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kopek said:

.....and will they sell out in Nov, Dec Jack?

Be realistic!

Probably.  The ones people have ordered before they even get here clearly aren’t be smoked on the premises so I would imagine Christmas or even just the winter months when people are enjoying more time in their own homes would be peak season.

9 hours ago, jackwhite said:

I don’t drive anything. Don’t need a car.

They don’t do food. There are plans to do but not until next year.

That said there are plenty wet only pubs doing just fine on the Isle of Man. 

I’ve also consulted on a number of projects here which have done just fine. But you continue playing armchair consultant as you clearly know better. 

Indeed, Kopek is the expert!

He once heard an American say 'hamburger' in place of 'ground beef' and now that means the whole country was saying it. 😂

• Like 1