Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, quilp said:

I'm curious. What part of Kopek's post could be considered "slightly racist"? And which 'race' was it aimed at?

Can someone be "slightly racist"? Seems to me that one is either racist or not at all. Or is there, as you seem to be implying, grey areas/different levels?

His lunatic rantings about people who have failed the market with added nonsense about cars. and left debts. 

I'd argue he's both racist and xenophobic. Thanks for the assistance with the spelling HV.

There are some mental people on the Isle of Man and some even worse on this forum. Either some people just want to troll or there are some very worrying people out there, perpetually angry but safe behind their keyboard to rant. Exactly the type who would never actually say anything though to the face of anyone. Others who seem to dislike people on here for little to no reason at all. Regardless of their intention, they really need to get a life.

Most of the decent recent additions to the Isle of Man seem to have come from non-residents and the scene here would be even poorer than it is if it weren't for all these people doing something different.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Most of the decent recent additions to the Isle of Man seem to have come from non-residents and the scene here would be even poorer than it is if it weren't for all these people doing something different.

So the Manx are all shit then? Who's being racist now?🤣

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, piebaps said:

So the Manx are all shit then? Who's being racist now?🤣

Not actually what I said. 

I don't think the scene on the Isle of Man is great. There are a handful of decent places. Certainly of the ones I'd provide custom to, most of them are not Manx owned. I don't choose the places based on the nationality of the owner. I'd frequent it because I like being there. Absolutely zero racist about that whatsoever. 

It's the general tone of the whole thing. He's denegrating people who've come here and done something. He's also using sweeping generalisations and completely non-factual references to places failing and them leaving debts behind but leaving with their cars. None of it actually makes any sense. Even if it did, it wouldn't apply to all of them. Even if it did, it wouldn't just be non Manx people. There's an inference in what he says that people come here and think they know better when actually he (or Manx people do). IMO that's absolutely not the case. 

Some Manx people talk as if they're somehow superior to people that come here. 

The most obvious example of Manx racism, which I've debated endlessly so won't be doing so again, is one of the most famous sayings. "There's a boat in the morning". His posts last night stink of that even if I suspect he was drunk himself from the rantings. 

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Well I had fun and it kept Jack frothing over his keyboard.

A bit naughty I suppose but he needn't have risen to the bait!

Good luck to him.

Me frothing? You’re the one creating new accounts to post abuse 😂 

New account posts abuse then seconds later you’re online. How coincidental. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Good luck to him.

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

Me frothing? You’re the one creating new accounts to post abuse 😂 

New account posts abuse then seconds later you’re online. How coincidental. 

Put the handbags down and step slowly away girls. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Good luck to him.

Kopek's account has been hijacked:

A. it is only early afternoon, ie 12 hours before his manxforums shift.

B. Use of only one exclamation mark and that is not multiple.

• Haha 3