Firm closing

finlo

13 minutes ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

First kippers, now pies 😞 

Morgan’s pies which is a shame, a relatively new business who worked extremely hard to establish themselves and appeared to have a decent market for their products, I wonder how much energy costs are to blame? must put quite the squeeze on original margins.

Ross bakery was also for sale around the same time, has anyone bought them yet? Another very similar story of someone working hard to build up their business from scratch.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Thank you. Not sure what to make of that.

It was pretty good.  It was 'Heritage Day' in South Africa on Monday and I think timed to coincide with that. 

Lots of SA foods etc was kind of a family festival followed by showing the match. 

I know there were 800 tickets sold as they'd sold out and I had to pull some strings with my Biltong dude. 

Celebrating the significant Saffa population already here and also to attract more. 

There were supposed to be 'South African Experiences' too.  But I didn't see a Rasta car park attendant selling dagga (weed) nor was I carjacked on the way home. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kopek said:

Or an appreciation of the game rather than the jingoism???

l picked up my grandchildren from school early this week, and with good humour, they were teasing each other about teams and sports they participate in while at school.   I was pleased to hear they play rugby,football,cricket,hockey,netball, cross country, and so on.

I would hope that very few people these days hold views that could be considered jingoistic regarding sports. Good sportsmanship is an essential life skill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Looks like Morgan's Pies might be going too.  

Trying to sell the business, but no success at the moment. 

Gutted.  I'll be trying to pick up some of their Pork & Black Pudding Pies tonight. 

Yes not long left 

https://gef.im/news/business/pie-co-to-close-40235/?fbclid=IwAR0IVS4nno7uEWQhMGO-ldLgLTdeOUyWaftnUnJvHf-czyItJZXERpS4Prs

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Ross bakery was also for sale around the same time, has anyone bought them yet? Another very similar story of someone working hard to build up their business from scratch.

Fairly certain that Ross is still also for sale, as I saw an advert for it via Acquisitions on Linkedin only yesterday. 

Wonder if they'd make a good pairing for someone to buy both? 

Bought a couple of Morgan's pies at lunch.  Hopefully not my last. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It seems the former Eagle Lab now has a big TO LET sign and isn’t continuing as planned.

How much Gov money was pissed away on this Chamber dream ?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Thought Barclays paid it 

Well there are lots of co-working hubs around now.  Weren't so many when the Eagle Lab originally set up.