Firm closing

finlo

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I can’t say the idea of coworking appeals to me. Used to see lots of yuppies and even worse, Michael Josem, in the eagle labs.

I can feel it.  I really can't be trusted to work from home, too many distractions.  If I didn't have an office to go to, I think I'd have to de-camp to somewhere like that. 

It's pretty big business for some coffee shops, teas shops and restaurants in the commuter belt around London now.  I was reading an article about it a few weeks ago.  So many people are WFH on Fridays now, that some of these little independent places that have facilitated it are making an absolute killing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

I hope they find someone soon to take over the business. 

When they say personal reasons it’s true - not due to financial pressures. 

The Morgan’s have 3 primary school aged kids and unfortunately on Xmas day last year suffered the family home burning down halfway through a renovation (fortunately they were out and safe) it’s a reset of priority mainly as Mr Morgan obviously has much going on but still pressed on with 3 am starts.

Best of luck to them and hopefully the right decision for them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

I hope they find someone soon to take over the business. 

Take it over? They’re trying to sell it for £40K. Nobody is going to pay that to by a bit of equipment to make pies in an industrial unit. 

On 9/26/2023 at 4:48 PM, John Wright said:

Over the 50 years I’ve been drinking in Isle of Man pubs the pendulum has swung from tenants to managers to tenants to managers and now back to tenants..

Why the changes? Fashion, economics, cash flow considerations, different business models.

You are wrong the pendulum has not swung like that I arrived in 1980 as Head Brewer for Okell's and most pubs were Tenants with few Managers, around 1985 the swing was to Managers and that continued only now has the swing reversed. I did tell them for years that managed pubs were not the best for the community but they did not listen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well as a game it pales in comparison with football.

For some reason my You Tube algorithm decided I’d be interested in the pre match build up to the recent New Zealand rugby game against Ireland

I accepted its invitation and got to watch the New Zealand performing the“ Huka” thing.

I have heard of this but never seen it.

It was quite disturbing, like watching a dozen men having a collective seizure, sticking their tongues out and grunting.

I half expected the Irish team to respond with an excerpt from “Riverdance” but alas it was not to be.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

For some reason my You Tube algorithm decided I’d be interested in the pre match build up to the recent New Zealand rugby game against Ireland

I accepted its invitation and got to watch the New Zealand performing the“ Huka” thing.

It was quite disturbing, like watching a dozen men having a collective seizure, sticking their tongues out and grunting.

I half expected the Irish team to respond with an excerpt from “Riverdance” but alas it was not to be.

You just took a troll step too far 😂

You absolutely can’t be serious with what you are posting?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

You are wrong the pendulum has not swung like that I arrived in 1980 as Head Brewer for Okell's and most pubs were Tenants with few Managers, around 1985 the swing was to Managers and that continued only now has the swing reversed. I did tell them for years that managed pubs were not the best for the community but they did not listen

They will allow their Tenants to build back up the business, to then kick them back out as want a bigger share of the pie. I just hope anyone getting into bed with them has an excellent contract 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

You just took a troll step too far 😂

You absolutely can’t be serious with what you are posting?

It’s what I saw. How can that not be serious?

It was on the television. Honestly.

I’m sure you can find it on iPlayer or some other platform if you don’t believe me.

Or you tube

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last para
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

A bakers dozen. It's the haka

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s what I saw. How can that not be serious?

It was on the television. Honestly.

I’m sure you can find it on iPlayer or some other platform if you don’t believe me.

Or you tube

You have made it to 104 (that’s a guess) years of age and never been aware of the Haka?