Firm closing

finlo

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Straying from the subject is no strange event on this forum but this is in a class of it’s own from the Haka to pies, kippers to Irish dancing it is all very confusing 😆.

Ka mate, ka mate! Kipper, Kipper
Ka mate! ka mate! kipper, kipper
Tēnei te tangata steak and mushroom
Nāna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
Ā, upane! ka upane!
Ā, upane, ka upas’s fiddly diddly Dee

• Haha 1

Cappa whatsit, certainly a loss, Turkish was a different offering to the usual Indian Asian but of course, it was 'different' and not necessarily acceptable to the usual diners. Shame!

Regards Tenants and Managers, HnB just want beer sales, if a tenant can deliver, great, if through theor food offering, what the hell from HnBs point of view?

Would HnB take a tenancy back if sales are going through the roof? No, they have their beer sales, 5that is what they want, why would they???? Apart from the tenant putting bootleg vodka in the font, it's win win for the brewery????

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it’s stupid.

Does the English rugby team dance around a maypole for a couple of minutes before kick off?

I don’t know much about rugby but I suspect not.

It's a war dance, challenging to combat and also a sign of respect. Frankly I think it's pretty cool and have seen it in the flesh a few times. It's quite effectively intimidating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I doubt VOR does heritage and as for tradition, Oh dear,   I think he has been at his mum’s sherry bottle tonight he is being more obtuse than usual.

I love heritage and tradition.

Few people get more emotional than me when listening to “ Abide with me” at the cup final.

But watching grown men acting like they have a serious medical condition when there’s nothing wrong with them is bizarre in the extreme.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

It's a war dance, challenging to combat and also a sign of respect. Frankly I think it's pretty cool and have seen it in the flesh a few times. It's quite effectively intimidating. 

Well it looks laughable to me.

Are there any other rugby teams indulged in this way?

( Would any others want to make fools of themselves like this?)